Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

The Coup of Rhotus Mafia Signups

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#1 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

The Coup of Rhotus Mafia

Sub-phases and Order of Actions:
Spoiler for

Recruiting:
Spoiler for

BTSC:
Spoiler for

Voting:
Spoiler for

Terms:
Spoiler for

The Board:
Spoiler for

Story (general):
Spoiler for

Roles:
Spoiler for

EDIT: Not really sure why the image is so huge... can't it display a thumbnail? Failing that, I'll resize and attach.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#2 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:04 PM

So what is this, a sign-up thread?

5. maurice

#3 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:16 AM

I might play...

But I don't get the rules. what does recruiting mean? As in for the indies?

Edited by flamebirde, 11 July 2011 - 01:18 AM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#4 Anon26

Anon26

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

@FB: Any faction can recruit the indies to their own faction. The particular indy, win or lose, according to his/her faction.
If indy remains unrecruited, his wincon becomes to be alive till the end of the game.

#5 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

So what is this, a sign-up thread?

5. maurice

Sign-ups will likely start as soon as HPY3 begins, since there are 19 players required.

I might play...

But I don't get the rules. what does recruiting mean? As in for the indies?

Anon nailed it below.

@FB: Any faction can recruit the indies to their own faction. The particular indy, win or lose, according to his/her faction.
If indy remains unrecruited, his wincon becomes to be alive till the end of the game.

Right-on.

All Indy abilities are secret, although some may be divined by things that happen during the night or day.

I'm considering changing the sequence voting, however. Presently, it is by secret ballot and requires my direct input. I think I will keep this method (and I will publish a "best practice" for players to easily keep track of votes).

Considered change: Passing a sequence. As it stands, any sequence that reaches absolute majority (n/2)+1 passes. At the end of the day, any sequence that maintains simple majority (Pro > Con) passes. Instead, I am considering (and would like your input on) a gap. Absolute majority would automatically pass a sequence, as usual. However, to pass a sequence without absolute majority would require P > C + n/3 where P is PRO, C is CON and n is the present number of living players. This makes CON votes a little more important.

I have noted that all sequences require simple majority at the end of the day (min 3 votes) to pass. This is to encourage CON votes. I might eliminate this for kill sequences (to avoid flash sequences).

A tip for voting:
Sequences will be listed in order by number, based on when the sequence is started. Keep an excel spreadsheet. It doesn't have to include the name of the sequence (since excel has the number on the left). You can quickly see which number in excel corresponds with each sequence. In the A column, keep a running list of what you want to vote for the corresponding sequence: PRO, CON, or N/A. If you copy/paste the A column into a PM, I should be able to keep it intact and copy it right into my master voting spreadsheet. This will also allow you to quickly see how you have voted for any sequence, so I'm not bombarded with questions like "What is my vote for sequence 53?" I would gladly change votes for a PM saying "Change my vote on sequence 45 to PRO."

So two biggest questions:
1) Keep secret ballot voting?
2) Change end-of-day passing method from (P > C) to (P > C + n/3)

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#6 Hidden G

Hidden G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

DAMN this game looks AWESOME MoMA,i wish i will be here to play cz after this mafia,i might not be able to be on brain den a lot :( *crying*
i will try my best to signup here.

#7 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

What I'm saying is that what does the Indies' recruit % mean?

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#8 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

Oh. After an Indy has been recruited, that Indy can begin recruiting other Indies to his new faction.

Edited by Molly Mae, 12 July 2011 - 06:46 PM.

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#9 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

Anyone can recruit (so long as they belong to a faction). However...

Recruiting is done in the style of Amber: Each person has a % chance of success listed in their RD. For every success, the % is reduced by 25. For failure, the person attempting to recruit is killed. Targets for recruit are by player name, not by role. The primary difference from Amber is that there is only one dedicated percent per person (that is, nobody has composite blood [two chances to recruit at 100%]).

If two or more players of different factions try to recruit the same Indy on the same night, both/all will fail.

BTW @ Molly does " both/all will fail." mean they both die?

#10 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:38 PM

BTW @ Molly does " both/all will fail." mean they both die?

Haha...no.

It means that it will be "successful" in that they will live and their % will be reduced by 25, but the targeted Indy will remain unrecruited.

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users