Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Looney Tunes Mafia

• Please log in to reply
1368 replies to this topic

#1341 Anon26

Anon26

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

I really appreciate curr3nt and Araver for wonderful night/day posts Posted Image

#1342 Akriti

Akriti

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

I really appreciate curr3nt and Araver for wonderful night/day posts Posted Image

I have to agree. They were wonderful, araver. :thumbsup: ;)

Value of a Woman :
She came out a man's ribs. Not from his feet, to be walked on, nor from his head, to be superior over, but from his side to be equal..........
Under the arm to be 'protected', and next to the heart to be 'loved'. <3

Brushes flowing free
Tender strokes of careful love
Painting one's true heart -- Framm

#1343 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

One was wonderful, the other was slightly above adequate...I won't say who was who so that they can each feel like they were wonderful ;)

#1344 Hidden G

Hidden G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

One was wonderful, the other was slightly above adequate...I won't say who was who so that they can each feel like they were wonderful ;)

hahaha nice one mo Posted Image

#1345 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

Duck Back stabed you before you could back stab us...........

It wasn't in my plan to back stab you. We were going for a tie win. If you had killed a baddie per the plan, that would have been achieved. If I had wanted to backstab you, I would have done it N3. And I would have gotten away with it. But I didn't.

Well done Goodies :thumbsup:

and tough luck Molly ... in the end I think you should have had your tie win :) - you were 93% lucky N1 (if curr3nt's calculations are in order - and I trust him ;) ) - but the rest was all your clever deductions ....

As for our loss - it was really tough to BTSC since we were all from different time zones and we never seemed to get together at the same time in the BTSC to brainstorm a better strategy. Well .. that's Mafia so again good work to goodies and a special commendation to the hosts for their pppp..atience, pppp...osts and pppp...romptitude ;)

PS.. Who got the coffee mug after all ?? :D :P

As for the percent...I had a 5/15 chance of picking a baddie coupled with a 1/14 chance of picking a baddie and his nemesis. Three chances to do so puts me at 7.142% chance of success with no other information. If Hirk had been blocked/trapped/RID Killed on the same night, though, my redirect fails. So it's actually less than 7%. So yes. Luck aided me N1. N2 and N4 were freebies. I'd be really curious to see how this game could turn out with no outing... My redirects and the baddie RID Kills would only gain power as the game progressed--without as much information, I'd be more in the dark, but I'm sure it would come down to a baddie + indie endgame.

A funny note: After Medji was killed, I knew I needed some kind of save, but I didn't have any idea who Road Runner was. My original actions were going to be Redirect Klue and Yodell to me (to try to get Sylvester's Trap/Save). After a bit of thought, though, I realised that Sylvester could have a RID kill. I get a good chuckle when I imagine that scenario from the host's perspective.

@Curr and Araver: A great game. I loved the short and sweet post styles (although it did confuse me N1).

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#1346 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1558 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:22 PM

PS.. Who got the coffee mug after all ?? :D :P

:lol:

I'm glad you noticed it :D We were kinda worried that our Writer/Animator backstory would not get noticed. It started as a playful twist and served as a backbone of their relationship. That was very fun.

Well, in day 3, the Animator buys a new one, the Writer is still in possession of the original mug.
Day 4 - the Writer grabs the coffee mug just before leaving while the Animator is using the new one (and taking over the Writer's job).
Spoiler for

There's room for Episode 2 if needed ;) "The mug strikes back" and what not.

Now for the other comments ...

Indeed N1 may have set the game on a lucky path for the Indy though he did not know who was who among the 3 and always had to discover at least half a pair by deduction. But IMO, lucky N1 or not, the real turning point was D1 outing as it gave the Indy unprecedented (at least from my PoV) info as early as D1. So, yes, per original design, his redirects controlled the night. Which is something not really expected by any of us.

As a side-note, we've actually discussed anyone pulling a "curr3nt move" (from Tombstone Mafia) e.g. getting all goodies to cooperate and out themselves to the Indy somehow, in order to give him absolute power over baddies. This is why the Indy wincon was decided to end the game preventing any sudden tie. Longer, elaborated ties were still possible, and I don't really regret leaving that in, since it lead to an interesting alliance/backstabbing.

However, as Molly pointed out, he could have betrayed in N3 and get his second archnemesis redirect and then leave 2 vote redirects for the next day (e.g two attempts to guess a Porky or getting lucky with Bugs or Wile getting a vote manip). Redirecting two vote manips his way might have given him control of the lynch - given enough inactivity, - there were only 10 votes cast on D3. His vote + x2 + x2 = 5 not really enough for a (lucky) tie in the lynch. And yes, we had a great time when he redirected Road Runner to self while the Road Runner was already saving him.

The baddies however stood no chance after the end of N3. The Redirect >> all actions and inability to kill Taz directly without getting redirected made all their knowledge kinda pointless. Weird butterfly effect since the massive goodies outing, without Taz, would have led to a quick win for the baddies.
Earlier than N3, they could have tried to vote on D2 and save Medji - secret vote manips were against this - there was a 3 vote gap, not enough to make a tie ... but they did not even try i.e. 2 baddies did not vote. Also, they tried a not-acting trick far too late IMO. This might have worked with better results in N2. Timezone differences made it very hard to coordinate on a plan like that which involved all baddies acting like a group *shrug* Also, there was no leading voice - in my heavily biased opinion - they did not reach a mutual trust/momentum which is usually a part of Baddies BTSC - get a plan early on, stick to it, only correct it if absolutely necessary (not just by having a slightly different opinion), synchronize implementing the plan (including flash-voting and such), etc. There were a lot of clever suggestions, but most did not gain enough support to be implemented *shrug*
Disclaimer (after getting burned a couple of times, I feel this disclaimer is really necessary): The above paragraphs are just for general feedback / peek view behind the scenes. Not criticizing - just pointing out how it looked like from a host's perspective. And yes, it is biased because omniscience will always bias a host. Thanks for your understanding.

And, ooops, just realized we didn't actually post the Secret Ability(ies). It's almost as Molly described - with a twist. He could have been lynched D3, even if he had not been RID Killed before.
Spoiler for

Summer of 2013:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for The Coup of Rhotus Mafia.You know you want it, we know you still have it in you so .... Come join the madness!  :thumbsup: 

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#1347 Anon26

Anon26

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:26 PM

So fake claim by MoMa of possible winnning in N3.
which makes me feel not so guilty of backstabbing.

#1348 curr3nt

curr3nt

The

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2839 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

but Taz didn't have a real chance to backstab the goodies so you should feel bad.

He was telling the truth that there were only two baddies left and killing one and lynching the other would result in a tie win. He did what he said he would to help set up the tie win.

Bad bad goodies. :D

#1349 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

So fake claim by MoMa of possible winning in N3.
which makes me feel not so guilty of backstabbing.

I had also forgotten about that stipulation--which made me happy that I didn't backstab you.

but Taz didn't have a real chance to backstab the goodies so you should feel bad.

He was telling the truth that there were only two baddies left and killing one and lynching the other would result in a tie win. He did what he said he would to help set up the tie win.

Bad bad goodies. :D

Bad. Very bad. Evil bad.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#1350 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

Nah, he got impatient. Once he redirected a 3rd time we had to lynch him. He counted on a goodie killing a baddie? Tsk, tsk. He knows better than that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users