BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Trainer's Manual Mafia IV

araver

I am letting some things out just for fun:

1.On night one, I made a post in BTSC that who to night kill. What I wrote regarding Hidden G:

"I think we shouldnt kill HIdden G, coz he have a high suspicion around him. Killing him would sorta a prove, he aint a baddy. the people who would previously consider him a potential baddy would look for other, and this situation isnt too healthy for us. Plus I just dont like killing someone on his first game."

So ya see, Hidden G. It was your first game and that partially helped in not getting killed in N1. Apart from saying "thank you" this Just give another reason why you should mail me all those stuff I mentioned :lol:

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also about the balancing of the game,

there were several factor in disadvantage of the baddies:

1. Save would occur before block. This meant that we could only block the spy, not the doctor.

2. The night post stated that who was spied. Had it not been stated, none of us could have known that spy is Cube, and hence would vote for FB. It was only after knowing that FB was spied, Cube killed, Cube previous vote was on FB, the people voted for him.

I (somewhat) knew it!!!!!

Well let me tell you Cubie what was in our mind,

We decided that we would make a tie, in D2.

By the end of D2 we were able to make a tie between good22 and EDM.

We, all the baddies voted for EDM

three goodies were voting for good22.

We wanted to then tip the votes by manipulation to EDM's favour, hence framing EDM and granting all us goodies a security as we voted for EDM,

So we then manipulated votes in EDM favour.

Now it means that we poeple were voting for a baddy

While some one from among Klue Petrus or Hidden is a baddy (as they were voting for good22 who was a goody)

So it was a two layered strategy,

Now Cube,

When you directly voted for FB, we at once realised that you are a spy. and hence you were at once planned to be killed on N2.

We also knew that KM dont think of you as spy just yet (we were confused between EDM and KM for the doc, ) as he havent voted for FB.

So you might not be saved.

Aura had warned me before that by excusing FB, I am making myself a target of spying. but as we knew you were to be dead by the night, we risked matching the votes with FB. We were also trying not to pressure you as you might out your role and all of us get in deep water.

Aaryan is right, best thing you ought to do was to out your role in Day 2. You were already set to be killed.

Spying a baddie on N1 is a significant achievement but you guys didnt cash on it.

Edited by Anon26

Nice job, baddies... (Aura, Anon.....almost too predictable....but this IS mafia.....:P)

Congrats to all who played; nice job to the newbies.....and of course, the hosts... (Aaryan, hope you're better, ok? ;))

Well, now that it's done....I'm off. Stop by for a visit, ok? ;):D

Nice job, baddies... (Aura, Anon.....almost too predictable....but this IS mafia.....:P)

Congrats to all who played; nice job to the newbies.....and of course, the hosts... (Aaryan, hope you're better, ok? ;))

Well, now that it's done....I'm off. Stop by for a visit, ok? ;):D

Thank you EDM :blush:

when i was rethinking of the game,i found that you're roles were easy to find(baddies) as CUBE spied FB,witch led us to lynch him. and Anon and AUra were a tag team :P,the main problem is that we had an individual playing style and we wasted our time discussing and attacking each other(me ,EDM,KM).

RT would have helped us if we stayed.

and Cube was really helpful (see what Anon wrote in previous post)

My prob is that i made a huge mistake at first ,witch out me in the center of attention.

Aura was really helpful by giving some advice .

and Again thank u Hosts and players for this game,we had a lot of fun :thumbsup: .

@Aaryan,will your mafia start soon?

i wish i could play the Looney toon one,i hope i can before it filles,the prob is that i'm busy,i'll see what i can do :)

when i was rethinking of the game,i found that you're roles were easy to find(baddies) as CUBE spied FB,witch led us to lynch him. and Anon and AUra were a tag team :P,the main problem is that we had an individual playing style and we wasted our time discussing and attacking each other(me ,EDM,KM).

RT would have helped us if we stayed.

and Cube was really helpful (see what Anon wrote in previous post)

My prob is that i made a huge mistake at first ,witch out me in the center of attention.

Aura was really helpful by giving some advice .

and Again thank u Hosts and players for this game,we had a lot of fun :thumbsup: .

@Aaryan,will your mafia start soon?

i wish i could play the Looney toon one,i hope i can before it filles,the prob is that i'm busy,i'll see what i can do :)

Well, it wasnt huge, the baddies made it HUGE.

It also served as an excuse for FB early, that newbies are bound to be careless and all. It also served as a distraction from FB's comments.

The reason me and Anon kept pretending we were innocent (even after I already outed myself....and plus we outed ourself when we changed our votes together) was just all for laughs. We knew you knew who we were, but we thought you'd either get frustrated that we keep denying the obvious OR maybe put doubt in your mind.

If you read Anon's posts about Yodell being muscles, that theory all made sense and I was cracking up laughing when Anon said "mark my words! MARK IT! Heed my words!"

TheCube tried everything to get you guys to realise he was the spy. The amount of times he hinted that FB was bad... What about the fact that as soon as i broke the silence by placing the first vote, within minutes he voted FB, right after the night post said FB was spied! With cubes comments, we saw him getting closer and closer to outing himself so we had to kill him. (sorry Cube but you were dangerous.)

HiddenG, you did good in this game. We did keep you alive so we could put blame on you (we had to suspect someone), but you figured us out pretty quick. I think maybe we put a little doubt in your mind but you knew we were bad. And you knew Cube had spied FB.

It was obvious when doc saved KM that doc must be KM or maybe EDM. Our block was useless against the doc (due to the order of actions) but everyone remember: usually the doc can be blocked. Always check for the order of actions (OOA) in the first post, to see what can act on what, because every mafia can be different. If you have any qu's about OOA, just ask.

Klue - you tricked us by playing nice with Anon. I didn't pick up on that. Anon believed that you trusted him. So good work!

Yodell - you came in at the last minute and analysed everything perfectly! You were right about flash voting. What we did looked like flash voting but it really wasn't. We could have put our votes there hours earlier and it wouldn't have changed anything as all the goodies needed to vote together. I just didn't make it online until then so we were late in organising ourselves.

Petrus - you said the goodies were geese but if you moved your vote with theirs, it would have caused a tie and FB might have been lynched. Otherwise, you were right on target with identifying us :thumbsup:

RainThinker- sorry for killing you. It was a matter of elimination. We wanted to keep KM in to see if his theories could help us, keep the 2 inactives in to reduce your voting power (though I wanted to kill them to prevent Yodell and Yuli from replacing them as I told Anon you 2 are good players). We kept HiddenG in as he acted suspicious on the first day. I can't remember why we kept Petrus in, maybe he was slightly suspicious. And TheCube had slight suspicion on him too. So that left RT.

EDM - Thanks for replacing Janedoe, it made the game more fair :) You were so-o-o onto us :( We couldn't kill your smiling face though :D (@ all- This is how to communicate effectively with edm, you must use at least one smiley per sentence.)

Flamebirde and Anon - this was so much fun being baddies with you guys. We had so much fun talking crap in the thread! Some of the posts really cracked me up. FB - you survived the whole game! Anon - your posts in the thread were so hilarious!!! Even the ones I suggested to you to write, they sounded so funny the way you said it! MARK IT!

Just to add: you don't have to be as active as what you guys were, in order to play other mafias. The activity was great in this game but being offline for half a day doesn't make you "inactive". As long as you participate 2-3 times per day cycle, ur fine (or minimum - come in once and vote.) And during night cycle, you dont need to post, just PM your action to the host, if you have one. Obviously more action is good too but not required.

Edited by Auramyna

We decided that we would make a tie, in D2.

By the end of D2 we were able to make a tie between good22 and EDM.

We, all the baddies voted for EDM

three goodies were voting for good22.

We wanted to then tip the votes by manipulation to EDM's favour, hence framing EDM and granting all us goodies a security as we voted for EDM,

So we then manipulated votes in EDM favour.

Now it means that we poeple were voting for a baddy

While some one from among Klue Petrus or Hidden is a baddy (as they were voting for good22 who was a goody)

So it was a two layered strategy,

To add to this- seeing as me, FB and Anon all voted for EDM and good22 ended up losing the lynch, we tried to make it look like "the baddies would manip the votes to lynch the person they are voting for, why would they weaken their own votes?" Whereas, we zeroed Anon's vote and made the person we voted for win. So it was more expected that baddies would strengthen their vote, not weaken it.

hmm... I find myself under suspicion. I'll tell you this. I am important for the goodies to win. I think that if I post too often, then I'll post something really stupid and give myself away for the baddies to kill me the next night.

Hey, did anyone catch what I said? when I was defending myself and I said I was important for the goodies to win. that wasn't a lie. They would have to kill me eventually for their wincon to be fufilled.

In the first lynching of D1:

Hosts: Aaryan and Araver

1. Hidden G - voting for good22

2. flamebirde - voting for EDM

3. EDM - voting for Petrus

4. good22

5. TheCube - voting for flamebirde

6. Petrus - voting for good22

7. KlueMaster - voting for good22

8. Anon26 - voting for EDM

9. Auramyna - voting for EDM

10. RainThinker- killed by the Baddies

As you see there was tie between EDM and good22.

FB manipulated my vote to zero.

So good22 got lynch.

ON day 2:

Hosts: Aaryan and Araver

1. Hidden G Voting for flamebirde

2. flamebirde - voting for Petrus

3. EDM

4. good22- lynched and found to be The Shopowner

5. TheCube - killed by Baddies

6. Petrus Voting for Auramyna

7. KlueMaster Voting for flamebirde

8. Anon26 voting for Petrus

9. Auramyna Voting for Petrus

10. RainThinker- killed by Baddies

• 2 weeks later...

Good defence means you can prove that you are not a baddie...

1. Through night post.

(In looney tunes, Maurice's role was restricted to only one possible baddie just by the night post. He was blocked, while many baddie actions occured.)

2. Voting pattern.

It can also help. Can show you aint a baddy. Put it with something else. putting it Alone makes it sound hollow.

3. finding evidences against other, to get the mob off you, to someone else.

4. Hinting role. (not at all advisable but is necessary at times.)