Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 = W =

= W =

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for posting the answer and method of solving it :) .But I am not able to make sense of it at present.Maybe I will get hold of it tomorrow.Have to sleep.And by the way I tried for 196 till 30 odd iterations and till now I have not got the answer . But i will keep trying . Maybe I may become a maths nobel laureate(not sure of spelling) ;)

I hate to end your dream, but there is NO Nobel Prize in mathematics... :(

#22 largeneal

largeneal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

Crap - I have the correct number written next to my original solution, 78987. Guess if I weren't such an ADD person I may have pursued that. Nice problem, though!

#23 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

I hate to end your dream, but there is NO Nobel Prize in mathematics... :(

Hey. I was just joking . I know that there is no such thing as a mathematics nobel lauraete.What do you think the ;) was for?
And anyway before posting anything here I would definitely cross-check it . The world's top brains are here(P.S.Not joking) And thanks for replying to my post. :)
Hey thinking again my discovery could force the noble prize organisers to rethink the categories.I could become the first Mathematics nobel lauraete. ;)

#24 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

Thanks Neida . Finally I got hold of the reasoning.I Agree that with 196 You have the upper hand . :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users