HOW THE GAME PROCEEDS
Someone thinks of a word and posts a prompt for people to start guessing "???...???", which serves to nominate the word length.
The host may specify what scheme they will use for Clue Points but if not stated, 'Standard' Clue Points will apply (see below).
People begin guessing words.
When a word is guessed, the host puts CLUE POINTS next to the guess (Standard is "how many letters were in the correct position").
You cannot 'win' by just guessing some of the right letters though. To earn a SCORE you must either:
* "logick" one of the word's letters via an explanation of why that letter has to be logically 100% in that position; OR
* correctly identify the entire word.
When the host accepts a "logick", question-mark(s) are replaced with letter(s) and the poster is given a SCORE of +5 per letter.
When a player posts the entire word as a guess then that player gets a SCORE of +10 for the completed word.
Note that guessing the complete word does not count as the equivalent of "logicking" every individual letter.
The host receives a SCORE of +1 for each incorrect guessed word and also +5 for each incorrectly "logicked" letter/position.
These limitations are intended to create an unambiguously fair situation but if a dispute arises not covered by them,
then the Host shall resolve the matter and these sules should be amended to suit and reposted in full.
* WORDS - To be valid, both answers & guesses must be in at least one dictionary and answers may not be proper nouns.
* DICTIONARIES - Validation dictionaries are TheFreeDictionary.Com, Merriam-Webster and Oxford.
* SCORING - 5/logicked letter & 10/complete word for Guessers AND 1/incorrect guess & 5/flawed logick for Host
* SCORE CAPS - A cap to each players' SCORE of 30 per game, applying to both host and guessers
* MULTIPLE GUESSES - You may only guess multiple words in a single post if no clue points exist for any guesses
* MULTIPLE SUCCESSIVE GUESS POSTS - You may only post successive posts if they are at least 2 minutes apart
* PROOFS - any number of letter proofs are allowed in a single post
* CLUE POINTS - (for nomination by host - either 'Standard', 'curr3nt' or another scheme defined):
'Standard' Clue Points = Number of letters in the correct position
'Curr3nt' Clue Points = Number of letters in the correct position and 0.5 for each letter in an adjacent position
You can see discussions surrounding how these rollo rules were determined.
Edited by WombatBreath, 29 May 2011 - 03:18 AM.