Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

One Up Me

• Please log in to reply
1414 replies to this topic

#1341 marksmanjay

marksmanjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Well, I guess flamebirde is the winner, because (insert witty reason here).

Edited by marksmanjay, 22 February 2013 - 01:03 AM.

#1342 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

You know you're a grammar Nazi when...

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#1343 Brainiac100

Brainiac100

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

You know you're a grammar Nazi when you look at the latest post in One Up Me by flamebirde and you smile because he used "you're" instead of "your."

Is there a riddle stuck in your brain, and you cannot solve it? Be happy! It is a positive proof that you have a brain. <--Rookie1ja

#1344 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

You know you're a grammar Nazi when you hack into the Pentagon's homepage just to correct a split infinitive...oops, I mean *cough* Pentagon?  What's a Pentagon? O:)

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#1345 marksmanjay

marksmanjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

U no ur not a gramer nazi wen u dont evn undrstd wat u rite

Edited by marksmanjay, 22 February 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#1346 phil1882

phil1882

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

you know you're a grammar Nazi when you proofread an insignificant forum post 5 times. :cough:

#1347 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

You know you're a grammar Nazi when you look at the latest post in One Up Me by flamebirde and you smile because he used "you're" instead of "your."

Nope, it's you're. Unless that was the joke, in which case I applaud you! Voting is open for another day until I declare a winner.

I have never been so self-conscious writing a forum post until now.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#1348 Brainiac100

Brainiac100

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Nope, it's you're. Unless that was the joke, in which case I applaud you! Voting is open for another day until I declare a winner.

I was smiling because I was proud of you, flamebirde :P

Is there a riddle stuck in your brain, and you cannot solve it? Be happy! It is a positive proof that you have a brain. <--Rookie1ja

#1349 marksmanjay

marksmanjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

You should have written,

Nope, it's "you're"

#1350 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

You know you're a grammar Nazi when you read the above and realise that:

1) flamebirde was correct; it's "you're"

2) Brainiac probably didn't realise that everyone else would misread brainy's 'One-Up Me' and assume that brainy was incapable of correcting sentences

3) flamebirde has become self-conscious about writing a forum post because of brainy 

4) marksmanjay's re-correction of flamebirde's statement is oddly funny

5) EDM didn't put a period after each point, and will not do so as she is not a grammar Nazi

6) EDM has referred to herself in 3rd person while typing these points

7) marksmanjay, flamebirde, brainiac100, and EDM show up as grammatical/spelling errors when typing (the computer doesn't categorize them, apparently)

8) 'realise' comes up as a spelling error in US english, but not in UK english

9) 'english' comes up as an error as the 'e' is not in capitals 

10) brainy is not considered as a spelling error, though many would disagree with me (I really don't know why)

Edit: just to check my work... :D

^ The sentence above contains grammatical errors. However, this sentence is free of any errors, as per the computer spell-check. 

Edited by EDM, 24 February 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users