Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jword

jword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:20 PM

Most cities now are updating their public transport system, in my city I saw a new fancy bus, but I could¨nt tell which was the rear or the front, and when stationary , in which direction it was heading. Is the bus heading in the direction A or B ?
Confusingly there are two answers , one for the U.K. and one for the rest of the world , state which in the answer.
Quote : "Who´s this `rest of the world´? " G.W.Bush

#2 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

In the uk, they used to say "you wait ages for a bus then two come along at once."
Now they say "two come along stuck together"

Spoiler for UK

#3 jword

jword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

Damn, you missed that one, now you´ve got to wait for another one.

#4 EventHorizon

EventHorizon

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

Most cities now are updating their public transport system, in my city I saw a new fancy bus, but I could¨nt tell which was the rear or the front, and when stationary , in which direction it was heading. Is the bus heading in the direction A or B ?
Confusingly there are two answers , one for the U.K. and one for the rest of the world , state which in the answer.

Spoiler for answer

Edited by EventHorizon, 17 March 2008 - 09:44 PM.

#5 Seventh Sage

Seventh Sage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

This answer is, of course, assuming you draw your pictures accurately.

Spoiler for It is heading...

#6 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

Damn, you missed that one, now you´ve got to wait for another one.

Don't do public transport, I drive a Jag XK8 and hate buses, when I'm not being chauffeured. B))
UK is not the only one to drive on left, bus lane is on the right on some motorways in UK now, but that don't stop in the fast lane to pick up passengers! So lets look at the doors. that should help you and your poor plebby friends work out where the bus is going! :P
Take me home James and go by Harrods and pop in for a 'Bolly' there's a good chap!

Also have been driving since before public transport, my licence is dated with Roman numerals. :D

#7 jword

jword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:39 PM

Yeh , very good everybody.
Hey , you´re driving a bus and everyone on board is called George , is this possible?

#8 jesusfreak1024

jesusfreak1024

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:40 PM

Yeh , very good everybody.
Hey , you´re driving a bus and everyone on board is called George , is this possible?

it is possible, but only if your name is George! :D

#9 jword

jword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:19 PM

it is possible, but only if your name is George! :D

Excuse me , I said YOU were driving the bus, are you called George, :blink:

#10 storm

storm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:31 AM

Spoiler for answer

FROM WHEN REST OF THE WORLD EXCEPT UK STARTED DRIVING ON THE RIGHT SIDE? UNLESS YOU COSIDER UNCLE SAM TO BE THE REST OF THE WORLD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users