Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Write Numbers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:02 PM

Write Numbers - Back to the Geometry Puzzles
Write the numbers from 1 to 8 into the squares, so that the squares with consecutive numbers do not touch (neither edges nor corners).

vpisanie.gif

This old topic is locked since it was answered many times. You can check solution in the Spoiler below.
Pls visit New Puzzles section to see always fresh brain teasers.

Spoiler for Solution

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#2 strikefiend

strikefiend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:30 PM

Here's another solution.

Attached Images

• anotherSolution.GIF

#3 newton

newton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:02 AM

strikefiend, the corners of the 4 and 5 are touching.

#4 kingofpain

kingofpain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

I think the trick is that the middle 2 squares touching a lot of squares have to be 1 and 8 since they have only 1 adjacent number which allows you to put more numbers around them... once you start there, the puzzle virtually solves itself...am I making sense?

#5 vivikt

vivikt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:23 AM

Here's another solution.

Attached Images

• numbers.jpg

#6 pranavojha

pranavojha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:32 PM

How about this
6 4
2 8 1 7
  5 3

#7 larryhl

larryhl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:07 PM

I think the trick is that the middle 2 squares touching a lot of squares have to be 1 and 8 since they have only 1 adjacent number which allows you to put more numbers around them... once you start there, the puzzle virtually solves itself...am I making sense?

absolutely correct. since the 2 middle squares touch almost all the other squares, except one each, they need to be 1 and 8. then that means the ones on the left and right need to be 2 and 7 and the ones on the top and bottom are the remaining four numbers. any combination that follows this configuration and the edges/corners rule is a possible solution.

#8 mandy's mom

mandy's mom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:09 AM

I thought I had a different solution but upon further analysis it didn't work...
False alarm

#9 ifollohim

ifollohim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:02 AM

i think u r making sense... but thats me. but i also think what u mean is that the two middle squares are touching all but one other square. and as u said 1 and 8 are the only ones that have 1 other adjacent # . so they therefore are the only #s that can fit into the middle spots. then of course u put the # that is adjacent to those #s in the only spot where each of the two middle spots can't touch

#10 ifollohim

ifollohim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:04 AM

How about this

6 4
2 8 1 7
  5 3

thats the same puzzle upside down :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic