Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Newbie Mafia

• Please log in to reply
1131 replies to this topic

#651 SMV

SMV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:52 AM

From the little I have read about Mafia it is a very interesting game and I would love to sign up!
But this is my first time and I have absolutely NO IDEA how to play it :(
Please :help:!

Edited by SMV, 22 November 2011 - 07:55 AM.

#652 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

Can the dragon trade RID kill for immunity more than once? if not, then can he switch back to the RID kill?

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#653 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

look at this, it helped me alot.http://brainden.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5478-newbies-guide-to-mafia/ also, read through old mafias, especially the newbie ones.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#654 Hidden G

Hidden G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

if the dragon is targeted at night ,when he has the immunity ,ex.Spy,what will the last one get as a result ?
failed action only ?
and why do the baddies have block and trap ?
thanks u :)

#655 mewminator

mewminator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

I'd gladly sign up

#656 Nana7

Nana7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

Host: MiKi and Nana7
1. Flamebride
2. TheChad
3. SMV
4. mew

Mentors:

Backups:
1. smoth333

SMV, we can get you a mentor who will help you during the game and give you advice. When I first began, I found it helpful to read through some past game threads, to get an idea of the dynamics and how the game proceeds. Even still, I was awful in my first few games, but it was still fun. Hopefully I have improved some since then. Bottom line, if you are a goodie, you are going to suspect everyone, and need to try to figure out who is bad and who is not. If you are baddie, you'll need to try to avoid suspicion. Everyone has their own style and ways of accomplishing that, you will figure out what works best for you over time.

#657 Nana7

Nana7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

Can dragon trade rid kill for immunity more than once? Yes.
Can dragon switch back? Dragon decides each night which to take, immunity or rid kill.

What happens if dragon is spied? Still under development. Failed action would still out the dragon so...we'll let you know before game starts.
Why do bads have a trap? That might change. Roles are not set in stone just yet.

#658 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

Hmm.... I wonder... If you spy the dragon under immunity, would it just come up as a random goodie? I think that might work.... Nana, thoughts? And yeah, the trap and block combo seems to be weird. Excuse me while I come up with something else to fit the characters. ;)

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#659 Auramyna

Auramyna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:54 AM

Host: MiKi and Nana7
1. Flamebride
2. TheChad
3. SMV
4. mew