Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Sixy Rollo

• Please log in to reply
2506 replies to this topic

#1 WombatBreath

WombatBreath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3117 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

OK Folks, <doffs cap to unreality> this is a kick off post for another version of the ROLLO game started by unreality, using six letter words rather than five letters.
The rules are expected to need massaging as we go and this thread may get abandoned if it doesn't work out but the idea is to run with the standard ROLLO rules initially, as outlined below, and vary them as we believe appropriate / practicable / fair.
It may be that with 6 letters the host has an unfair opportunity to earn more points or may end up at a disadvantage due to quicker exclusion of invalid letters but we will see how we go...

INITIAL SIXY ROLLO RULES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Someone thinks of a 6 letter word and posts a prompt for people to start guessing "_ _ _ _ _".
The word to be guessed should be recognizably 'English' and proper nouns should be avoided but some names are arguably generic enough to qualify. Guesses must also be words - posters of strings of unrelated characters should expect to be abused :P

People begin guessing 6 letter words. When a word is guessed, the host puts a number next to the word signifying HOW MANY LETTERS WERE IN THE CORRECT POSITION.

You cannot 'win' by just guessing some of the right letters though.
To earn points you must either:
* "logick" one of the six letters via an explanation of why that letter has to be logically 100% in that position; OR
* correctly identify the entire word.

When the host accepts a "logick" explanation, the underscore (or question-mark) is replaced with that letter and the person that posted the "logick" for the letter gets 5 points.

When the sixth and final letter is "logicked", or a player posts the entire word as a guess then that player gets 10 points for the sixth letter instead of the usual 5.
The host is awarded 1 point per guessed word and 5 points per incorrectly "logicked" letter/position.

#2 WombatBreath

WombatBreath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3117 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:45 AM

The first SIXY ROLLO word is...
??????
...guess away please.

Edited by WombatBreath, 07 April 2011 - 06:45 AM.

#3 Quag

Quag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1707 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

hmm 6 letters what to do what to do. i know ill add an s to my 5 letter rollo guess

TABLES

#4 WombatBreath

WombatBreath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3117 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

LOL - theres was no way that I was gonna choose a simple plural for the first word! ...or was there... :P
??????
TABLES - 1

#5 Quag

Quag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1707 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

not sure which letter I should TARGET, guess ill aim at the start

#6 WombatBreath

WombatBreath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3117 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:50 AM

??????

TABLES - 1

TARGET - 1

#7 Quag

Quag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1707 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

THRICE yup ive replied to this thread 3x

#8 WombatBreath

WombatBreath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3117 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

??????
TABLES - 1
TARGET - 1
THRICE - 0
It's not Letter Change m8 - You don't have to construct sentences :D

#9 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

GUILTY

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,  nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.  Sydney Smith.

#10 WombatBreath

WombatBreath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3117 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

??????

TABLES - 1

TARGET - 1

THRICE - 0

GUILTY - 0 (gday mr piggy)

0 user(s) are reading this topic