Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

You know you're a math nerd when...

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#71 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:58 AM

Haha, I also noticed that 25 can be written as 52, which absolutely amazes me with the fact that all you do is move the two. My very amazing and nerdy friend was looking at the board in math sometime before the end of school, and she noticed that it said "25 days of school left". So obviously she had to get all math-y, and move the two so it didn't say 25, it said 52. Of course, I don't think anybody else will get this, cuz my brain is operating on a different frequency right now, and it kinda worries me, and I'm used to it!

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#72 chactation

chactation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

Why must you people insist on insulting me? :(

#73 kappak1020

kappak1020

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

when your in college and are taking calc 3 and relize
1.) that you are the youngest in the class and one of only two freshmen in your class of about 100
2.) TA's for other classes you take are taking the calc class
3.) you play games on your phone because the work is to easy and still are one of the first to notice when the professor makes a mistake

and last but not least

4.) you find the class easy and cant wait untill next semester to take calc 4

I :wub: Calculus ^_^

#74 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

.....you come home and tell your mum that the zeroes mean moons.....

Oh, wait...that would mean I'm not a math nerd..... :blush: :help:
Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

#75 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

.....you come home and tell your mum that the zeroes mean moons.....

Oh, wait...that would mean I'm not a math nerd..... :blush: :help:

:P

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#76 phil

phil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

When you spend your time in Geometry class reading a Precalc book.
When you go to a math team meet rather than your friends birthday party,
When you have all your volume settings on exponents of 2. (2,4,8,18,32,64)
When I wish I could get the phone number 2416256 (2,4,16,256 or 2, 22,222 ,222²)
When you teach your friends how to program the graphing calculator.
When you draw probability curves for your test grades--during the test.

-when you get aquestion wrong and everybody in your class is shocked

I know right? (Actually, this normally arises because I don't listen to a single word the teacher says)

Edited by phil, 30 August 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#77 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

@phil Exactly!

When you read somewhere that nerds are gonna take over the world...and totally agree. Mainly because you know that if that ever happens, you'll be on the winning side [a.k.a. the Nerds].

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#78 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1433 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:21 AM

You might be a math nerd when in geometry class you hear about laws of congruency for triangles with the Side-Side-Side (SSS) rule, the Side-Angle-Side (SAS) rule, and the Angle-Side-Angle (ASA) rules, and are very disappointed that there is not an Angle-Side-Side rule.

You're definitely a math nerd when this fact disappoints you so much that you come up with a "proof" of the Angle-Side-Side rule that stumps the rest of your class.

You might be a math nerd if you try to solve math/logic puzzles on BrainDen.

You're most probably a math nerd if you post your own math/logic puzzles on BrainDen.

You're definitely a math nerd if you post a puzzle that no one has tried to answer for nearly a week now.

#79 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

When you actually read plasmid's proof, and try to find the flaw [and then fail :(].

When in math, you are more concerned with trying to steal your classmate's stuffed cow than you are with actually reviewing for your big test next week.

... ~ Nova-kun

#80 harvey45

harvey45

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:11 AM

When you ask your physics teacher if the graders will still count it if you use calculus on the trig-based AP test.
When by the end of the first month of school you're considering taking both the trig and calc-based tests.
When you spend your free time proving that the 3 kinematics equations are all related using calculus.
(true stories about a friend of mine, not me)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users