Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

You know you're a math nerd when...

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#11 harvey45

harvey45

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:32 AM

When you mentally calculate how long it would take you to walk, jog, and sprint a mile during free time in gym class.

When you and your friend have contests to make the craziest shape on a graphing calculator's polar mode

When you've tried calculus-based pickup lines

When you have pi as your email signature

And I can't wait for tomorrow :)

#12 TheCube

TheCube

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:25 AM

How everybody knows what I do?!?!?!? :huh:

Here's another:

You got onto someone when someone else said that the area of a circle was pi r squared and their response was, "No, pie are round!"
Jack and Jill went up the hill
to fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown
And Jill just laughed at Jack as he sat there unconscious.

Jack should've known that Jill was a baddie . . .

#13 peace*out

peace*out

Adult Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4891 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

How everybody knows what I do?!?!?!? :huh:

Here's another:

You got onto someone when someone else said that the area of a circle was pi r squared and their response was, "No, pie are round!"

this made me laugh. thank you for that. :)

#14 JDave

JDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:35 AM

when you do your birthday candles in binary. (Lit=1, Unlit=0)
when you use words like asymptotically in non-math related conversations.

#15 Q-Cumber

Q-Cumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

Haha, these all make me laugh. Some have and have not happened to me.
When kids in your class are eager for your riddles and mathematical puzzles that stump them until they give up... in a gifted class... of which I skipped a grade to get into :)
When one of your endorphin heights is while making a big mathematical discovery... whether or not it has been made before.
Everytime when there are two large numbers such as likes and dislikes on a popular website that are divisible, I shout and jump around.
When you calculate everything in music; tempo, seconds, chords, instruments at certain point, average amount of instrumentation going on... usually I try to chill to music, but occasionally I go towards infinity of mathematics.
I've got more of these, but I'd rather put funny up ones then ones that simply make me look smarter and nerdier.

#16 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

when I learn calculus in my spare time... (the time not consumed by BrainDen!)

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#17 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

when you get a pencil with digits of pi all around it...

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#18 peace*out

peace*out

Adult Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4891 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

Haha, these all make me laugh. Some have and have not happened to me.
When kids in your class are eager for your riddles and mathematical puzzles that stump them until they give up... in a gifted class... of which I skipped a grade to get into :)
When one of your endorphin heights is while making a big mathematical discovery... whether or not it has been made before.
Everytime when there are two large numbers such as likes and dislikes on a popular website that are divisible, I shout and jump around.
When you calculate everything in music; tempo, seconds, chords, instruments at certain point, average amount of instrumentation going on... usually I try to chill to music, but occasionally I go towards infinity of mathematics.
I've got more of these, but I'd rather put funny up ones then ones that simply make me look smarter and nerdier.

PLEASE put up more!! the funny ones are great, but yeah: more please!!!

when I learn calculus in my spare time... (the time not consumed by BrainDen!)

quantem physics is wayyyyy cooler. seriously. its awesome.

when you get a pencil with digits of pi all around it...

...when your friend pretends she knows the digets of pie and is reading them off her computer, you get really excited and start to show her a website that shows the first 10,000 digets of pi! ..and then she looks at you funny.

#19 googon

googon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

when you look at all of these and think that is a really good idea

#20 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:41 AM

when you look at all of these and think that is a really good idea

*sigh* When your name reminds me of 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Back in Business. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users