Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Correspondence Synonomous

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#11 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4740 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

Spoiler for Ring Prediction

think this one is a no. Each of the two words in the answer are definite synonyms. Just maybe not the first definitions/unexpected parts of speech/slang/etc.

#12 tiger_lily111

tiger_lily111

Riddling Foodie Fool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1782 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

Spoiler for Ring Prediction - try

well, maybe t_l, but different than what I have. not real sure of the connection between the second word of the clue and the second word of your answer.

Spoiler for I was thinking

Eh well. Try a few more.
Spoiler for Jealous Nut

Spoiler for Waste Away

"There's no such thing as 'one, true way'; the only answers worth having are the ones you find for yourself; leave the world better than you found it. Love, freedom, and the chance to do some good -- they're the things worth living and dying for, and if you aren't willing to die for the things worth living for, you might as well turn in your membership in the human race." -- Diana Tregarde in Burning Water by Mercedes Lackey

#13 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4740 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

Spoiler for I was thinking

Eh well. Try a few more.
Spoiler for Jealous Nut

Spoiler for Waste Away

hey t_l - accept your argument and answer for the one from before. kinda see a connection with those two words in terms of an estimation as well.
can also make arguments for the two new answers as well. still have different ones in mind.

disclaimer - one of the words in my answer for the "Jealous Nut" clue is more of a type than a synonomous word. sorry bout that. all other connections are definitie synonyms.

Also - where A B --> C D; A and C, B and D , C and D are synonomous BUT any three are not necessarily so.

#14 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:11 AM

Spoiler for stuck with

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,  nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.  Sydney Smith.

#15 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:24 AM

Spoiler for Or even.

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,  nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.  Sydney Smith.

#16 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:57 AM

Spoiler for knowing u...clean sweep

#17 benjer3

benjer3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:28 AM

Spoiler for Expired Account

#18 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4740 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:38 PM

Spoiler for Or even.

that one works and was what I had, too.

Spoiler for knowing u...clean sweep

wouldn't put it past me on the last one. this one is different. the two words to the answer I have in mind might be considered doubly synonomous; with two completely different definitions

sorry, been neglecting this[/spoiler]

thanks for mentioning but no worries. I have been somewhat, also. knew this one was pretty tough. partially because it was quite difficult to come up with qualifying answers. Also, because of that, I thought there wouldn't be so many alternatives. maybe just a bad puzzle.

Spoiler for Expired Account

hey benjer3 - thanks for playing. I was skeptical of the relationship between the second words but looked up account and discovered "to account for" something can mean to put out of action; kill. So, okay. Nice

Edited by plainglazed, 12 March 2011 - 01:41 PM.

#19 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

Spoiler for Ring prediction

#20 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4740 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

Spoiler for Ring prediction

that's it! and the briliant ungulate rings up another. and thanks for the encouragement

Edited by plainglazed, 13 March 2011 - 11:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users