BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brian Dennis: Sabertooth

Cavenglok

You are Detective Brian Dennis. To play this game, tell me what to do and I'll tell you what happens when you do so. You live in Climax City, a city surrounded by Ruralia and Washington City. You are the head of police in Climax City. You have a semi-automatic pistol, a police badge, a lie detector, an iPhone and a contact book for phone numbers and addresses. You also have access to medical info/autopsy, police records, and military support, thanks to saving the world from an epidemic. However, to prove that you are Brian Dennis, you must solve a riddle that will be provided by me.

You are sitting in your police station when a woman walks in. She introduces herself as Tigrisa Morian.

Dialogue: Tigrisa

You: Okay, Ms. Morian. How can I help you?

Tigrisa: Can we talk somewhere more... private?

You: Um.. okay, why not? We'll go in the kitchen.

Tigrisa: No. More private. This is... (whispers) confidential.

You: Very well.

You both go into an alley.

Tigrisa: I'm being chased by the Sabertooth.

You: The Sabertooth?

Tigrisa: It's a local gang. They harbor tigers and train them to attack who they want.

You: So these cats are after you?

Tigrisa: Well, I kinda stole the machine that they need.

You: Okay. Anything else you need for me to know? I can't work off of just that, you know.

Tigrisa: Um.. They're part of the Zodiac Gangs.

You: What?

Tigrisa: The twelve gangs based off of the Chinese Zodiac who roam around Climax City. (you give an empty face) Oh c'mon, you took out one of them. The Phoenix?

You: They're a.. Zodiac Gang?

Tigrisa: Yeah. They like to keep it quiet, but everyone knows anyway.

You: Odd. So who gives all the medicine?

Tigrisa: I think the closest to that are the Vipers. They invented the Basilisk.

You: I always thought that the Phoenix was too stupid to invent something as deadly as that.

Tigrisa: Yeah. The Basilisk also took out a good number of them, so much so that I took them out.

You: How?

Tigrisa: ...negotiation.

You: Somehow, I don't think it's smart to tell this to the head of a police station.

Tigrisa: That's besides the point. Two down, ten more to go.

You: Right. And the Sabertooths realized.

Tigrisa: Yup. So now they're coming after us. They feel they're in danger.

You: Now they are. What else do you know about these... Sabertooths?

Tigrisa: Well, I used to work for them. I have their address.

You: Right. What do you have to contribute?

Tigrisa: Pistol, knife and I have a sniper at home.

You: Fight crime with crime, huh?

Tigrisa: I'm not as uptight as you are.

You: I can see that. Let's go.

• Downvote 1

Sorry for not making the goal clear. You have to destroy the Sabertooths.

You want to charge in by yourself or bring a police squad? To get your good ol' elite police squad, here is the riddle:

"These flames strike through mist and storm,

fantastically as fast as light.

And although these are quite the norm,

gives most fear throughout the night."

I tried to make it as cryptic as possible. If it's too hard, I might give it a little slack.

Technically, although it's unfinished, as it has contributed to the story, the Undead counts. That hasn't gone very far, though, so this is the 4th/5th. :)

Edited by Cavenglok

Correct. You get 75 men to go with you to take out the Sabertooths.

When you go in the building, you find that a giant man is there in the way. He's about 6'6", with hands as big as elephant ears. Metaphor, of course.

Dialogue: Giant

You: If you could please move out of the way, this is Government business.

He doesn't move.

You: Didn't you hear me? I need to go in.

He still doesn't move.

You: Okay, I'm gonna count to 3...

He doesn't budge.

You: 1, 2, 3.

He still doesn't budge.

You: Alright boys, looks like we'll have to barge in. Sorry, fella.

Your men try to cuff the giant, but the giant leaps up impossibly high. Tigrisa says, "Oh, forgot to mention, they're genetically modified to be like cats."

When he falls, your men fire at the man. Even though it is point blank range and he's huge, they all somehow miss as the man jumps around. The man roars and leaps downward upon one of your soldiers. Your men dare not fire at the cat-man thing.

You manage to scare off the cat by throwing a hand grenade at it. Smartly, you haven't opened the grenade. He yelps then snarls at you. You yell, "RETREAT! RETREAT!"

That went well.

Hi I've been reading this forever, and just registered so I could post here :D

Anywayz, depending on which way the catman went, go inside. If he went further inside then cautiously enter with your team. If he ran away - actually, screw that, just cautiously enter the next room.

Umm we're already at the address, you know with the big giant guy standing guard?

I know. I just meant barge into the place you are at, but wasn't sure if it was a house, apartments, an office or something like that, so I just called it 'the address'

If we know where the sabretooth gang is and you have control of the military, just send in massive numbers of troops to take it, and bring wolves, lots of wolves :P

But that could cause problems, like if the Sabretooths have lots of men then there could be a mini-war and civilians could get hurt, plus soldiers that are needed elsewhere won't be able to help other places.

Hmm, I'd say try and raid the place from as many different entry points as possible. That way, the Sabretooths men would be spread out across the building and wouldn't be able to all focus on you at the same time. Also, we have the element of surprise! ;) Yes I say do that.

So raid the Sabertooths from all entrances? Roger.

With your newly recruited soldiers, you have about 150 men now. There're a lot of entrances, about 15. It's a big building, okay?

So you raid in from all entrances. You take the front door, 'cause you're epic like that. Strangely, no one's here. It's a nice little office lobby. You stay careful, because everything that's supposed to be here is here. You and your 10 men briskly hide behind stable surfaces. You're behind the desk. Odd. Even the computer is on.

Radio comes in. You're ready for some good news now.

"Nothing here, Detective."

"Not even a mosquito."

"There isn't squat here."

Tigrisa comes in.

"No one's here, but everything's where it's supposed to be. Any better luck?"

Wow. They all escaped - unnoticed - within 1 hour. Now that you think about it, they probably went jumping around the trees and whatnot.

But now you have absolutely no clue where to find the Sabertooth.. except for the computer!

But now it's in sleep mode, and you need a password to unlock it. Thankfully, it's in riddles. Let me come up with it. It'll be a minute.

Each line represents a word, and the first letter of each word spells something. (not scrambled, I'm not that mean)

"A horse with branch shadows upon,

the glass is almost halfway full.

Grim Reaper dressed in black and white,

Sipping, slipping, cold and cruel.

Fire, army, field and theif,

Occurs on a fallen egg."

This is probably so cryptic, I might give you hints as the mystery progresses. Have fun. :)

Each line represents a word, and the first letter of each word spells something. (not scrambled, I'm not that mean)

"A horse with branch shadows upon,

the glass is almost halfway full.

Grim Reaper dressed in black and white,

Sipping, slipping, cold and cruel.

Fire, army, field and theif,

Occurs on a fallen egg."

This is probably so cryptic, I might give you hints as the mystery progresses. Have fun. :)

Are they all separate riddles?

For 2, maybe optimism?