BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Tombstone Mafia

Day 5

McMasters walked towards the OK Corral knowing there would be a target on his back. But the Lawmen were still a bit confused this day. Some people were aiming at EDM, some at Vine. It appeared that once again luck would determine the fate of these legendary figures.

_ _ _ _ _ _

Young Scientist thought about his brother Virgil. He had been shot dead in the streets of Tombstone on Night 1. He also thought about his other brother Morgan, who had just been shot down just the night before. His brother believed in fate, but Wyatt Earp was not going to rely on fate or luck or anything else that was not in his control. "No! No! No!" he exclaimed as he pulled out his Colt 45 and charged at Vine. Amazed, McMasters fired back at Wyatt, unloading each of his pistols. When his second gun emptied he dropped to his knees and begged Wyatt to forgive him for his jumping sides, especially since it really wasn't in his control. "I told Curly Bill that night he came after me, to tell all of you red-sashed Cowboys that I was coming, and that Hell was coming with me...but I can't find it in me..." he turned his back on McMasters.

"I knew you didn't have it in you," replied McMasters.

Panther walked up to McMasters. "I'm you Huckleberry." McMasters closed his eyes, knowing his end was near.

Host: maurice

1. Blablah - dead, outdrawn by Johnny Ringo

2. MollyMae - dead, outdrawn by Johnny Ringo

3. Oboe Passion - dead, shot and killed at the OK Corral and found to be Johnny Ringo

4. Hirkala - dead, shot and killed at the OK Corral and found to be Billy Breackenridge

5. curr3nt - dead, muffled by Curly Bill

6. slick - dead, shot and killed at the OK Corral and found to be Billy Clanton

7. onetruth - dead, throat slit by Morgan Earp

8. Vineetrika - dead, shot and killed at the OK Corral and found to be Sherman McMasters

9. Panther

10. Darth Legion

11. EDM

12. Araver - dead, gunned down by Morgan Earp

13. Glycereine - dead, sniped by Sherman McMasters

14. young

Game Over. Goodies win!! Roles, night actions and epilogue will be up later tonight.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, good game goodies. I'll be fair and say you did win the game through your actions :thumbsup:

@OT, Vine, Slick, Oboe - don't be sorry, the Cowboys will rise again ... someday. I'm glad we had a chance to stand on the same side of the OK Corral, short as that stand was for me :thumbsup:

Sorry Vine to drag you into this ... but that was our only chance.

@Hirk, sorry for accidentally outing you, if I could, I would take it back instantly. I had pegged you for someone else, someone who I could safely flash-vote to save myself. Having a hidden Indy around could have really helped confuse some lynches and make a Baddie or Indy win more likely.

@Maurice, awesome story :thumbsup:

I was not a fan of the era / movie, so most of it was completely new to me ;)

Edited by araver

Epilogue

Marshal White thanks Wyatt, Doc and Josephine for bringing peace and order to Tombstone. The three of them leave town pretty soon after Day 5, each one going their own way. After time, Wyatt hears that Doc has checked into a hospital near Denver. He has long been battling the effects of turboculosis, but the struggle is becoming futile. Wyatt goes off to visit him straight away.

When Wyatt gets to the hospital, Doc is perturbed by two things. Looking down at his bare feet, he realizes that he is close to death, and that despite anyone's best predictions, he was soon going to die with his boots off. He also did not understand why Wyatt was here with him, watching his life end rather than being out living life with Josephine.

"Run. Take that girl and start running. Run and don't look back. All your life you been running and looking back and just barely existing and calling it getting by. This time run and don't look back and call it living. Live every second, live it right up to the hilt. Live, Wyatt..." Doc pauses, takes Wyatt's hand. "Live for me." Wyatt stares into his eyes, letting this sink in. " Wyatt, please, if you were ever my friend, if you ever had even the smallest feeling for me, leave. Leave now. Please". Wyatt struggles for the best way to sum up their relationship and thank Doc. Doc interrupts, "Never mind, Wyatt. I know. Just go."

Wyatt heads out and finds Josephine. The courtship was whirlwind and they soon married. Wyatt and Josephine embarked on a series of adventures throughout the west, making and losing several fortunes, always living the high life, spending every winter, just the two of them, prospecting for gold in the desert foothills of southeastern California. Up or down, thin or Flush, in 47 years they never Left each other's side. Wyatt Earp died in Los Angeles in 1929. Among the pallbearers at his funeral were early western movie stars William S. Hart and Tom Mix. Tom Mix wept.

Sherman McMasters Bio

Wyatt Earp Bio

Doc Holliday Bio

Josephine Marcus Bio

Marshal White Bio

1. Blablah - Virgil Earp

2. MollyMae - Morgan Earp

3. Oboe Passion - Johnny Ringo

4. Hirkala - Billy Breackenridge

5. curr3nt - Texas Jack Vermillion

6. slick - Billy Clanton

7. onetruth - Curly Bill

8. Vineetrika - Sherman McMasters

9. Panther - Doc Holliday

10. benjer - Josephine Marcus

11. EDM - Marshal White

12. Araver - Ike Clanton

13. Glycereine - Turkey Creek Johnson

14. young - Wyatt Earp

Indy: WinCon - Choose between

1. Win with baddies. Will not be given BTSC. Baddies will not be told. Must survive until the end to win.

2. Win with goodies. Goodies will not be told. Must survive until the end to win.

3. RID Kill 2/3 of targets. Still wins if dies the same night last target is killed. If targets are no longer available then survive until the end.

Must choose before Night one ends. If no choice is made, I will randomly select one for you and let you know which one it is.

Billy Breackenridge - Deputy who was friendly to Cowboys. Can not die until Night 2. Action - RID Kill (may only use on McMasters, Curly Bill, Morgan)

He chose to go the Indy route, option 3

1. Blablah - Virgil Earp - Spy Oboe - failed dead

2. MollyMae - Morgan Earp - rolled a 3 Redirect Slick to araver - redirect worked but Slick was blocked

3. Oboe Passion - Johnny Ringo - RID Recruit Blablah as McMasters - Incorrect

4. Hirkala - Billy Breackenridge - RID Kill Glycerine as McMasters - Incorrect. Would have been blocked anyway

5. curr3nt - Texas Jack Vermillion - Kill nobody

6. slick - Billy Clanton - No Night Action

7. onetruth - Curly Bill - Redirect Hirkala onto Hirkala - worked, but would not have affected action. Probably shouldn't have included in Night Post as RID Kill can not be redirected.

8. Vineetrika - Sherman McMasters - trap Young Scientist - worked Did YS target have BTSC No Did YS action succeed No

9. Panther - Doc Holliday - No Night Action

10. benjer - Josephine Marcus - seduce nobody

11. EDM - Marshal White - save MollyMae - action not needed

12. Araver - Ike Clanton - block Slick - Action worked

13. Glycereine - Turkey Creek Johnson - block Hirkala - Action worked

14. young - Wyatt Earp - No Night Action

The Cowboys - Night Kill - Kill Blablah - Action worked

1. Blablah - Virgil Earp - dead

2. MollyMae - Morgan Earp - rolled a 4 Kill araver - kill worked - won coin flip

3. Oboe Passion - Johnny Ringo - RID Recruit YoungScientist as McMasters - Incorrect

4. Hirkala - Billy Breackenridge - RID Kill araver as Curly Bill - Incorrect. Would have been blocked anyway as he was trapped

5. curr3nt - Texas Jack Vermillion - Kill araver - failed, as coin flip came up Morgan, araver was already dead

6. slick - Billy Clanton - No Night Action

7. onetruth - Curly Bill - Redirect Vine onto Hirkala - worked Hirkala is trapped

8. Vineetrika - Sherman McMasters - trap EDM - failed, redirected - Was Hirk's intended target in BTSC? Yes , Was Hirk's intended target's action successful? No

10. benjer - Josephine Marcus - seduce curr3nt - succeeded, curr3nt can not be lynched D2

11. EDM - Marshal White - save EDM - action not needed

12. Araver - Ike Clanton - block Hirk - Action failed as araver was blocked

13. Glycereine - Turkey Creek Johnson - block araver - Action worked

The Cowboys - Night Kill - Kill Young Scientist - Action failed, Wyatt can not be killed at night

2. MollyMae - Morgan Earp - rolled a 1 Save MollyMae - action not needed

3. Oboe Passion - Johnny Ringo - RID Recruit Vineetrika as McMasters - Correct, Vine wins with Cowboys

4. Hirkala - Billy Breackenridge - RID Kill curr3nt as McMasters - Incorrect.

5. curr3nt - Texas Jack Vermillion - decline - killed

6. slick - Billy Clanton - dead

7. onetruth - Curly Bill - Redirect Glyc onto Glyc - worked Glyc is blocked

8. Vineetrika - Sherman McMasters - trap OT - failed - interfered with higher prioritized action

10. benjer - Josephine Marcus - seduce curr3nt - no action sent

11. EDM - Marshal White - save Glyc - action not needed

12. Araver - Ike Clanton - dead

13. Glycereine - Turkey Creek Johnson - block araver - Action failed, redirected to self

The Cowboys - Night Kill - Kill curr3nt - Action succeeded

2. MollyMae - Morgan Earp - rolled a 6 kill OT (after much back and forth) - action succeeded

3. Oboe Passion - Johnny Ringo - Spy Panther - Panther is Doc

4. Hirkala - Billy Breackenridge - dead

5. curr3nt - Texas Jack Vermillion - dead

7. onetruth - Curly Bill - Redirect Glyc onto EDM - worked EDM is blocked

8. Vineetrika - Sherman McMasters - trap Panther - action succeeded

10. Darth Legion - Josephine Marcus - no action sent

11. EDM - Marshal White - save YS - action not needed

13. Glycereine - Turkey Creek Johnson - block OT - Action failed, redirected to EDM

The Cowboys - Night Kill - Kill MollyMae - Action succeeded

2. MollyMae - Morgan Earp - dead

3. Oboe Passion - Johnny Ringo - dead

4. Hirkala - Billy Breackenridge - dead

5. curr3nt - Texas Jack Vermillion - dead

7. onetruth - Curly Bill - dead

8. Vineetrika - Sherman McMasters - trap EDM - action succeeded

10. Darth Legion - Josephine Marcus - seduce Glyc - action failed as Glyc is dead

11. EDM - Marshal White - save DL - action not needed

13. Glycereine - Turkey Creek Johnson - no action sent - killed

The Cowboys - Night Kill - Kill Glyc - Action succeeded

The Cowboys caught some tough breaks. Curr3nt's Day 1 plan was not anticipated by me and I'm not sure by anyone else. However, araver countered it the way I would have, by flash voting. Unfortunately he chose to vote for the one person that could not be lynched Day 1. So instead of trading a life for a lynch, araver outted himself as a Cowboy.

Outting Hirkala had another adverse effect for the Cowboys. Hirkala stayed alive by claiming to side with the Lawmen. This meant, however, that though Hirkala had a good idea on who Morgan was, he could not kill him until he killed McMasters or Curly Bill. Had araver not outted Hirkala, he may have taken care of Morgan for them.

And of course Morgan did some damage. While curr3nt was also gunning for araver Night 2, Morgan rolled a 6 Night 4, giving him the choice to kill. I include this in the Cowboys string of bad luck. Morgan should have been expected to roll a kill (or choice) 4/3 times over 4 nights and did twice. While that didn't buck the odds too much, the nights he rolled them were quite fortuitous. I doubt that Molly would have chosen to kill Night 1 or Night 3.

The Cowboys also chose to kill Young Scientist on Night 2, which of course failed. So after Night 2, the Cowboys should have had a Night 1 kill, a Day 1 lynch and a Night 2 kill...in exchange for losing araver Night 2, putting the numbers at 6 v 3 v 1 (and closing in on McMasters which would have been 5 v 4 v 1). Instead they still had a mountain to climb at 8 v 3 v 1.

By the way, Glycereine deserves much credit for guiding the lynches; no Lawman was lynched. He also targetted the correct people each night, though he was often redirected. However, for taking two calculated risks that changed the way the game played I'd say that Molly Mae is the MVP of this game.

hurrah Molly Mae!

Worth noting, curr3nt wanted to kill araver Night 1. I wonder if he'd have still followed through with his Day 1 plan if araver were dead.

And I enjoyed hosting this game on BD. Getting to see curr3nt and Molly's and others' thought processes was quite intriguing.

Ugh! I felt soooo stupid for voting Panther towards the end.....and I didn't have time to change my vote! :angry:

However, we still won....and I'm sorry for all my stupid actions and accusations.....:(

GO GOODIES!!! :D :D :D

Edit: Excellent! My gut suspicions were right!!! :D

Sorry, MM......but atleast my freaky behaviour towards you helped....:D

Edited by EDM

Good job goodies..good job MM for taking 2 of us out, but I hate you for it.

@Mo...Thanks for the shout outs to Hart & Mix. I <3 pallbearer Tom Mix and the one silent movie I've seen with him.

@Vine: That was a great job...I sort of feel bad that we recruited you and made you miss out on a win, but you did fantastic with what we gave you.

@Mo...Great game, I enjoyed it! :D

Edited by onetruth

Good job goodies..good job MM for taking 2 of us out, but I hate you for it.

@Mo...Thanks for the shout outs to Hart & Mix. I <3 pallbearer Tom Mix and the one silent movie I've seen with him.

@Vine: That was a great job...I sort of feel bad that we recruited you and made you miss out on a win, but you did fantastic with what we gave you.

@Mo...Great game, I enjoyed it! :D

Just an FYI, much of the Prologue and Epilogue was lifted from the script. And the intro too... :D

Killing araver and I was way too easy. Either it was luck or ESP. or inside info. Regardless, GG y'all. Go baddies!

Araver was gut feeling on my part. As well as was vine. Going to trust it from now on lol.

Killing araver and I was way too easy. Either it was luck or ESP. or inside info. Regardless, GG y'all. Go baddies!

Araver was Ike. That was fairly obvious when he flash voted (I wanted to be on to counter any flash votes, as that would have nailed Ike D1).

You...just didn't have a defense. That's not a hard decision.

• 6 months later...