BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cavenglok

Question

Brian Dennis was now the official Head of the Police in Climax City after the Basilisk Incident. You are him, and he is you. You have access to medical info/autopsy, scientific info/identification and police squads (however many you want to take with you), but each time you use them, you must answer a riddle. I will prepare the riddle.

*Climax City is a fictional location, and unlike my previous mysteries, will not contain real-life locations.*

A woman walks into your office.

Dialogue: Woman

Woman: Where can I find Detective Brian Dennis?

You: You're speaking to him.

(Woman goes on her knees)

Woman: I don't have too much money, but.. MY SON'S KIDNAPPED!

(Woman bursts in tears)

You: Don't worry, ma'am, we don't need money for a kidnapping. I'm gonna have to ask you some questions, ma'am. Can you answer them for me?

(Woman nods)

You: Where do you live?

Woman: 134 Winston Street.

You: When did you last see your son?

Woman: Last night, I tucked him into bed.

You: Describe your son to us, please.

Woman: 14 years old, about 5'11", 170 pounds, black hair, brown eyes. Asian.

You: I see. Well, we'll have to investigate your house, seeing as it is the scene of the crime.

Woman: I'll give you a key so you can enter any time you want.

You: Thank you. We'll do our best to find your boy. What's your name?

Woman: Elena Walter.

You: Thank you, Ms. Walter.

Locations:

Elena Walter's Home

Items:

Glock G21

Notebook

Key to Elena Walter's Home

What will you do?

• Answers 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I have never played this before....but it sounds FUN!!! :D

first of all, Sergio seems too tall for a 14 year old.....(though I may be wrong)

Ask Sergio's father: How was your relationship between your son? And has he spoken about Amanda? (let him know she's missing, too).

*Check if he has a dog; it may be useful....:D

If he doesn't have a dog, get a police dog...:D

Edited by EDM

Go to Sergio's school and ask around to teachers and such. Also see if you can get the boots that James left there while you're there. See if Sergio got in fights or if he had been seen arguing with anyone recently or if there had been any behavior out of the ordinary.

You to mateo: where were you between 12 and 1 last night.

Clarification: You lifted the two prints outside the door, but left alone the ones inside the room. You also notice that the two prints are almost directly below the window.

Are the prints outside the door and inside the room same. Is the door mentioned the bedroom door and which window will it be..

Also can you explain the direction of the foot prints. They originate from the roof to which someone gained access using a ladder enter sergio's room through the fire escape window what is the return path of the footsteps.

Dialogue: Mateo

You: Where were you between 12 and 1 last night?

Mateo: Sleeping. In my room. Like every other person in my neighborhood.

You: Was there any suspicious movement anywhere?

Mateo: Not that I would know of, I was sleeping.

WIT

The prints outside and inside are the same. The door is the bedroom door. The window that the footprints lead to are in front of a fire exit. There seems to be no "return path."

Edited by Cavenglok

Can you remember which way the prints went in Sergio room? (from the window to the door, or from the door to the window)

For WIT

"in <name of town nearby> any reason you can think of why he was taken there?"

They went from door to window.

You: In Ruralia, any reason you can think of why he was taken there?

Mateo: Ruralia? Why would he be in Ruralia?

You: If he was, we do not necessarily know where he is.

Mateo: Hm. Well, I guess if they wanted money from me or something for a blackmail.

WIT

I have never played this before....but it sounds FUN!!! :D

first of all, Sergio seems too tall for a 14 year old.....(though I may be wrong)

Ask Sergio's father: How was your relationship between your son? And has he spoken about Amanda? (let him know she's missing, too).

*Check if he has a dog; it may be useful....:D

If he doesn't have a dog, get a police dog...:D

Sergio isn't too tall, though he is known as one of the taller kids in school, apparently.

You: How was your relationship with your son?

Mateo: Pssht. Barely saw him. Elena wants to keep him away from me as much as possible.

You: So you don't know who Amanda is?

Mateo: He has a wife now? Good, I was worried about my descendants.

You: No, no, she's just a friend.

Mateo: Female friend? Never a good idea, those women...

Sergio does not have a dog. You get a police squad with dogs, but you need to solve a riddle.

I hope this is a little harder.

"A single man is found dead in the middle of a desert, grasping a green strange rock. Who is the man, and what is the rock? Hint) You have never met him before, but he is the first thing that comes to your mind when you marvel."

Go to Sergio's school and ask around to teachers and such. Also see if you can get the boots that James left there while you're there. See if Sergio got in fights or if he had been seen arguing with anyone recently or if there had been any behavior out of the ordinary.

You walk into the school. You meet Sergio's advisor, Mr. Benius.

Dialogue: Mr. Benus

You: Hello. Are you Mr. Benus?

Mr. Benus: Yes. Who would you be?

You: My name is Brian Dennis. I am a detective.

Mr. Benus: Oh, hello Detective. How can I help you?

You: I believe Sergio Walter is your advisee.

Mr. Benus: Yes, he is.

You: Has Sergio been in any fights? Or has he been in any arguments? Any extraordinary behavior?

Mr. Benus: No, but he does seem to lack self-confidence. Excellent writer, but he thinks his work is too snappy or unoriginal.

You: Interesting.

Mr. Benus: He's also been in a lot of stress since his mother's surgery. What is this for, exactly?

WIT

You find James. He says he can't find his boots. You notice the lockers here have no locks.

superman holding kryptonite...seems like he would have let go...ps if that's the answer then that riddle is at least two other places on the site

Find Sergio's locker and check it for clues. Find out what surgery his mom had and why that may have stressed him out. Have the dog sniff around Sergio's house for any clues.

Edited by TheJMan211

For WIT with Mr. Benus, tell him the truth. "Sergio has gone missing and we suspect there may be foul play involved. Any information you can offer would be helpful."

For WIT with Mateo, find out what someone might have on him to blackmail him with.

The Riddle: YES. I didn't realize I was repeating. I heard it from a friend and laughed when I heard it so I put it up.

Sergio's locker is pretty standard. Smell of sweat, sneakers, textbooks with drawings of male attributes, and.. what's this? Condoms. You look around a little more and infer that there is nothing interesting in it.

Elena had lung cancer from years of smoking. She quit smoking around Sergio, and is doing her best to quit altogether.

You let the dog sniff after letting it sniff James', John's and Amanda's smell. The dog barks at the footsteps.

You: What do people in Ruralia have against you?

Mateo: Uh.. (he thinks) I'm rich. (smiles an oily smile)

You: To best ensure my success, I would need to know the truth of it. Whatever they may have against you, we can call them baseless allegations between us.

Mateo: (eyes glint dangerously) Trust me. You wouldn't.

You: Well, if you're that scared, I'll have to take you to custody. There you'll feel safe and you can tell me everything.

Mateo: (laughs) Right into the viper's mouth, as they say. I repeat, Detective, all you need to know is that Ruralia wants something that I have, and I am not willing to give it away. And you can guess from the crime rates there what they did next.

You nod. Crime rates are excruciatingly high in Ruralia.

You: What is the thing that you have?

Mateo: Oh, just something desirable. (looks at clock) Oh, it's time for me to go. I have an appointment with a very important person. I'll see you later.

(he leaves)

Amanda and Sergio staged their own kidnappings so that they could run off together and have lots of sex. James may or may not be in on it, he either gave them his boots or one of them stole them out of his locker and used them to stage the kidnapping. BOOM done.

JK i hope that's not really the solution.

Amanda and Sergio staged their own kidnappings so that they could run off together and have lots of sex. James may or may not be in on it, he either gave them his boots or one of them stole them out of his locker and used them to stage the kidnapping. BOOM done.

JK i hope that's not really the solution.

This made me LOL so hard.... No. And I hope you really were joking. Not too far off, though. And you don't have the whole story.

Find out if Amanda had a reputation around school that was "less than flattering". See if anyone knows if James might have had the hots for Amanda too and maybe been a little jealous of the close relationship (or more) between Serg and Amanda.

Look through both Amanda's and Sergio's personal effects for any of the following:

birth control methods, pregnancy tests, personal notes, missing clothes/wallet(s), etc.

Amanda and Sergio were in love and sleeping together, but Amanda got pregnant. They planned to run away together, but knew that their disappearance would cause a commotion and rumors would start. They came up with the idea to stage a kidnapping, and may or may not have let James in on it, depending on what he knew. They probably took a train out of the city to get as far as possible in little time.

Dialogue: Melanie

You: Did Amanda ever get involved in anything.. shady?

Melanie: Not at all. Not before her disappearance. She's been mentioning that Sergio has been getting scolded a lot by his mother, though.

You run into James in Sergio's and Amanda's school.

Dialogue: James

You: What was your relationship with Amanda?

James: Good friends, that's all.

You: So, no love story going on here, right? (you playfully nudge him)

James: What? No... (he puts on a face of disgust and continues) Don't even suggest that. Please. She's so... insensitive.

You: Okay. Has Sergio ever been interested in your boots?

James: The ones that I lost? No, not that I know of... Why, d'you think he stole them?

You: I don't know, that's why we're asking.

I should clarify. Amanda, Sergio, James and John are all in middle school.

You find out that security cameras were placed within the school. To access the cameras, you must answer the riddle:

"A man walks into a bar. He looks at the bar TV and watches news about a horrible event. He panics, runs out of the bar and into a house. He turns the light on, and in guilt for keeping it on, and dives from the window of the house into the ocean. What happened?"

In their Growth Education class, they had experience with placing condoms on wenis models. You look through all their notes and doodles. They have jokes, but no references to sexual/romantic issues.

@Theory #2, also very close, but not yet.

Edited by Cavenglok

You gained access to the school's security cameras, but there is only one clip that really interest you.

Clip

Sergio and Amanda are in a crevice between two bookshelves in the library.

Amanda: You know I don't like you.

Sergio: Yeah. I don't like you either.

Amanda: It's just a brothers-sisters thing.

Sergio: Yeah. Brother-in-bond, sister-in-bond, yadda yadda.

Amanda: Hey, you know what, it means a LOT to me.

Sergio: I know. It means a lot to me too.

Silence.

Amanda: You know if you need help with anything, I'll be there.

Sergio: Same to you.

They do some weird handshake. They walk off together.

Edited by Cavenglok