BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cavenglok

Question

Brian Dennis was now the official Head of the Police in Climax City after the Basilisk Incident. You are him, and he is you. You have access to medical info/autopsy, scientific info/identification and police squads (however many you want to take with you), but each time you use them, you must answer a riddle. I will prepare the riddle.

*Climax City is a fictional location, and unlike my previous mysteries, will not contain real-life locations.*

A woman walks into your office.

Dialogue: Woman

Woman: Where can I find Detective Brian Dennis?

You: You're speaking to him.

(Woman goes on her knees)

Woman: I don't have too much money, but.. MY SON'S KIDNAPPED!

(Woman bursts in tears)

You: Don't worry, ma'am, we don't need money for a kidnapping. I'm gonna have to ask you some questions, ma'am. Can you answer them for me?

(Woman nods)

You: Where do you live?

Woman: 134 Winston Street.

You: When did you last see your son?

Woman: Last night, I tucked him into bed.

You: Describe your son to us, please.

Woman: 14 years old, about 5'11", 170 pounds, black hair, brown eyes. Asian.

You: I see. Well, we'll have to investigate your house, seeing as it is the scene of the crime.

Woman: I'll give you a key so you can enter any time you want.

You: Thank you. We'll do our best to find your boy. What's your name?

Woman: Elena Walter.

You: Thank you, Ms. Walter.

Locations:

Elena Walter's Home

Items:

Glock G21

Notebook

Key to Elena Walter's Home

What will you do?

• Answers 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

It sounds like the Wall Number has something to do with it, but maybe it's a red herring. Maybe Sergio and Amanda are on that island thing with all the metal, further in than you were. Go back to the room you were held in and go through the OTHER door. Bring a lockpicking device and whatever else you may need.

They stopped digging a couple days ago. They reported that they cleared a flimsy path that will hold for a week or so more. You decided entering is safe enough after they place a structure to hold the metal.

You enter the other door after picking the lock. You're in a room with a single sign in front of you. No door. Somehow, you run into Elena who is pointing a gun at you.

(Forced) Dialogue: Elena

Elena: You didn't tell me.

You: Tell you what?

Elena: Sergio and Amanda. Why didn't you tell me? (starts crying)

WIT

I think maybe since Mateo wanted Sergio away from the mother, but he couldn't just directly come and get him since his ex tried to keep Sergio away from him. So he snuck in to get Sergio, using that hidden pathway. Sergio may/may not have complied, only it was that Amanda was also there. Sergio may have found out about his dad's past and been scared, him and Amanda running, but Mateo managed to kidnap them?

Ok...this is worse than my last guess.....:(:wacko:

I know I'm missing something......:wacko:

You do so.

Dialogue: Elena

You: What happened, Elena? You can tell me, right? You trust me?

Elena: (hand trembles) Mateo. He told me everything.

You: Told you what?

Elena: You killed him. My son. He almost digged out. But you let loose the ball.

You quietly talk her out if shooting you, mostly to check if Sergio's body is there. It really is. Amanda's too.

But then a phone call rings from the Wall Number. This time, it's not Mateo.

Dialogue: Mystery Man

You: Hello?

MM: I know where they are.

You: Who is this?

MM: I can't tell you. Just wait there. Keep both of yourselves out of range from any guns. Mateo's smokers are out there.

You: What's going on?

MM: No time to explain. Just tell her that Sergio isn't coming back, nor will Amanda, but they are both safe and free.

(gunshot from that side)

MM: I have to go. Remember what I said!

(hangs up)

His voice was kinda... young. What do you do? Trust the Mystery Man or not?

You run inside to tell Elena about the phone call. (you have her gun, by the way)

I can't find a time to put this in, so I'll just say it now. Elena always had it since her marriage to a Mafia boss.

Find me the Devil and maybe I'll do it.

Your police squad are currently around Billy's house, at the other end of the city. Good luck getting them here before getting shot.

You are about to lead Elena and yourself out when a suddenly PLIT rings in the building. You look at the floor. There's a small black spot where the sound came from. A bullet lies nearby. Luckily, the wall is brick, so you and Elena hide behind it. More shots come from outside. You take out your gun and fire some more shots. No luck this time, it seems. You can't tell. Mateo's smart this time. There's more than one sniper. Suddenly, you hear louder gunshots. This isn't a sniper. Strangely, you still hear the snipers firing, but no more bullets hit the floor. You are curious, but know that looking out would be the same as jumping up and down waving at yourself screaming, "Shoot me!" Okay, not exactly, but you get the gist. So you wait for the gunshots to stop. Eight times, someone screams. Then the Mystery Man calls.

Dialogue: Mystery Man

You: What the hell was that?!?

Mystery Man: I told you to take cover. Is m- Elena okay?

You: Yeah. She's fine. Just freaked out. Is the coast clear?

Mystery Man: I think so. You can climb out now. Remember what I said?

You: Yes. I need your name.

Mystery Man: You can do without it.

You: You sound more and more like a teenager. Wait a minute!

(he hangs up)

You recovered a recording of the phone call with the Mystery Man. Elena screams, "THAT'S SERGIO!"

Just as you thought. Now, you'll just have to find him. You dash out to find the Son and Girl being handcuffed by your police squad, which has just arrived.

Dialogue: Sergio and Amanda

You: Well. Tried to play valiente and hit the ground, huh? Good job, kid.

Sergio: ..is my mom safe?

You: Yeah. We've been through a lot to get you. Why don't you tell us what happened?

Sergio: ...I...

Amanda: It's best we tell him, Sergio.

Sergio: ...I can't believe what I did...

You: It's fine, no kid should've gone through what you went through. Your own dad kidnapping you... Man...

Sergio: No, not that. I... ran away.

CONGRATS, YOU HAVE COMPLETED THIS MYSTERY!

FULL STORY:

Elena, as you know, gave Sergio a hard time. You also know that Sergio and Amanda have a tight relationship. (think of that what you will, I meant it as a friendship) So much so that when Sergio asked her, Amanda was willing to run away to start a new life. Their plan was that Amanda steal James' boots and climb up to the top floor of their house, come in through the window, then walk into Sergio's room. Sergio will have packed up everything he needs already. They left via fire exit on the window and took a train to Ruralia.

There they were detected by Mateo's Mafia. Mateo sent them out to kidnap the children. They successfully did so.

The site of the "maze" was the old base of operations for the Mafia. It was ditched because the police discovered it.

Mateo was given a sentence for life, and as more and more Mafioso are getting captured, the more you're getting as they reveal other people to cut their sentences short.

Sergio, scared (no doubt) promised never to run away again. Elena promises to not beat Sergio again. Amanda was scolded by her mother, but later, it turns out that Amanda's mom was proud of Amanda for helping her friend out like she did. No doubt saving a lot of lives from the Mafia by revealing it.

As you look at the last scribble of your detective logs, there is a knocking on your door. Slowly, mostly because you're old, you walk to the door. You open it. Sergio and Amanda are there, looking so much more mature and happy. Behind them is a small child.

"Hello," you say, "Nice to see you again."

"So nice to see you, too, Brian," Amanda says.

"Can we come in?" Sergio asks.

You let them in and give them some water. You let the kid on your computer so Sergio, Amanda and you can catch up.

They're happily married and have two kids. One's in college, the other in middle school. They told funny stories about what happened after they practically rescued you. Once, the neighbors tried to rally for a holiday based on the day that they were returned. You remember vaguely stopping them from doing so. "It's a private case," you had told them.

After catching up, your wife comes in.

Amanda looks at you, surprised. "You have a wife?"

You laugh gently. "Oh yes. Let me tell you how we met."

TO BE CONTINUED IN BRIAN DENNIS: SABERTOOTH

So? How did you like the mystery? Comments? Suggestions?

Edited by Cavenglok

Maybe try and make it really confusing so we have to work really hard to figure out what's going on. Also, enjoying the riddles but please try and keep them as hard as possible, as I like a challenge :P

You're crazy :wacko: . I like crazy :D , but not your kind of crazy :( . It got too confusing for me to keep up, so I waited for it to make some sense. It might just be me. I do love detective stories though :wub: , even if there are parts I can't understand.

There were parts that just seemed to jump around. No or little transition, like in my

or