Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Blavek

Blavek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:53 AM

The men where the cops.

#12 l0rd

l0rd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:01 AM

Obviously if a woman is at a house with two men she must be loose. She prolly told her baby's daddy about all the cool stuff at the house. After he was caught, she was later arrested for aiding him

#13 rebelfire

rebelfire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

heres the answer!
Spoiler for answer

#14 Enlightened

Enlightened

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

heres the answer!

Spoiler for answer

Maybe I'm missing something, but how does that make her guilty? Wouldn't that prove her innocence, or were the cops just prejudiced against paraplegics?

#15 FlyngRyn

FlyngRyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

recently a robbery had taken place. the police who were ivestigating the robbery found tire tracks leading to a house.
at the house there were three people: two men and a woman. niether of them knew how to drive. in the end,
they arrested the woman. why did they arrest the woman?

This may have been stated already, I have only read half of the first page, and not the whole thread. But he stated NEITHER of them knew how to drive. Neither is used typically as an eliminator of two items in a two item set, not an eliminator of three or more.

Thus the woman was arrested because she was the only one who knew how to drive and thus the only one capable of driving away from the robbery

#16 Duh Puck

Duh Puck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:44 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but how does that make her guilty? Wouldn't that prove her innocence, or were the cops just prejudiced against paraplegics?

The "tire tracks" were her wheelchair tracks. Tricky. It was a good concept for a riddle, playing on the natural tendency to assume tire tracks referred to car tires, but I think it needed a little better setup to make it satisfying and result in that "aha!" moment.

#17 FlyngRyn

FlyngRyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

:lol:

I just read the post where you specified neither meant all three...

Nice riddle, the answer definitley took me for a ride

<pun completely intended>

#18 jword

jword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:44 PM

Well yeah ok, I was going to suggest the tyre tracks were from a womans bike

#19 Blavek

Blavek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:53 PM

Well yeah ok, I was going to suggest the tyre tracks were from a womans bike

The riddle never specifies that their where any more than 3 people total at the house including cops SO if there are only three people and the cops plural new who to arrest they whoever the didn't arrest could have been the cops. The wheel chair works as well. And who said all cops knew how to drive some ride horses some ride bicycles and the tire marks could have just been extra info or the marks could have been going away from the house...

#20 storm

storm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:52 AM

She was on the wheelchair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users