Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Nessie

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Taidaishar

Taidaishar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

Parts of his body are connected horizontally or vertically. The parts do not touch one another, not even diagonally.

Yeah, I think we need some clarification. You said the parts of his body are connected, but that they don't touch... how is this possible?

#12 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:41 PM

the following wording might be better:
A sea serpent, 45 metres long, lies hidden under the surface of the water. The animal is bent horizontally and vertically, but doesn't touch itself anywhere, not even diagonally. Its head (1) and tail (45) are visible, as well as one other part of its body (23). The figures outside the diagram indicate how many parts of the snake can be found in each row or column. The black squares are rocks where the animal can't be. Can you establish its exact position?

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#13 Taidaishar

Taidaishar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:20 PM

the following wording might be better:
A sea serpent, 45 metres long, lies hidden under the surface of the water. The animal is bent horizontally and vertically, but doesn't touch itself anywhere, not even diagonally. Its head (1) and tail (45) are visible, as well as one other part of its body (23). The figures outside the diagram indicate how many parts of the snake can be found in each row or column. The black squares are rocks where the animal can't be. Can you establish its exact position?

Yes, much more sense. In other words, it doesn't crossover itself or use the same square twice. Thanks for clarifying.

#14 Ploper

Ploper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:06 AM

ahh dude I read the question wrong.
Nevermind me, I'm an idiot

#15 mcmedic

mcmedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:27 PM

i have another solution. go me...

i basically get paid to wait for phone calls and peruse this website =)

now if only i could figure out how to post this as a spoiler.

Spoiler for ...

How would that work? The serpent would take up 8 places in the first row, however the rules state that it only can take up one... Second row only takes up three, where the rules say 6 etc.

#16 woon

woon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2443 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

Hooray! I've completed it without looking at the spoilers.

At the begining, I stuck at the body number 4, then able to complete it after have found the hint from the first column "7" and last row "1".

What a snake! :P

#17 kb3mkd

kb3mkd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:54 AM

i have another solution. go me...

i basically get paid to wait for phone calls and peruse this website =)

now if only i could figure out how to post this as a spoiler.

Spoiler for ...

too many in the first row!

#18 CR26

CR26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

The square lines divide the body parts of the snake, but going diagonally will not cause any harm to the dividing of the snake. It is so because if you cut corners you will disrupt the numbering of the snake parts. Each square is a mm long, so you must find a way to get all of the mm's together to from the snake. This would explain why the numbers already on the squares are there.

#19 sudheeran

sudheeran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:13 AM

place inline the image and then select the image code and push spoiler (you can name the spoiler as well)

awesome! thanks, love the site!

#20 Llam4

Llam4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

This puzzle only took me about 5 minutes, but I liked it nonetheless. More of these, maybe on a larger scale? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users