Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek Mafia

• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#1 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:29 AM

Intro
------
Around 2373, shortly after discovering a Wormhole to the Gamma Quadrant, the nations of the Alpha Quadrant encounter one of the biggest military force they have ever seen - The Dominion, encompassing several races native to the Gamma Quadrant including the shape-shifter race referred as Changelings or "the Founders".

The Dominion moves to establish a foothold in the Alpha Quadrant by admitting the Cardassian Union as members of the Dominion. Diplomatic moves establish a neutrality with the Romulan Star Empire. Tensions rise as Dominion Changelings penetrate the Federation and the Klingon Empire and lead to an all-out war in the Alpha Quadrant.

Trapped in the Alpha Quadrant by the Federation minefield and without reinforcements, the Dominion has to break the blockade. Alpha Quadrant alliance needs to stop the Dominion's forces from conquering key strategic points in the quadrant and find a long-term solution to block the wormhole to the Gamma Quadrant.

In the center of all, the Deep Space Nine station, nearest Alpha-quadrant outpost to the wormhole is the scene of the beginning of the war.

United Federation of Planets / Starfleet
--------------------------------------------------
WinCon: Wins if all Dominion forces are dead (including Odo if he chooses to side with them).
Spoiler for 8 players:

The Dominion – Have BTSC and a Night Kill.
--------------------
WinCon: Win by majority and only if both Picard and Sisko are dead.
Spoiler for 4 players:

Romulan Star Empire
----------------------------
WinCon: Successfully RID Kill 2 out of 3 secret targets selected by host before the game starts. If two of her targets are killed by others or is lynched, no new targets are added but ability and WinCon is changed: she can kill instead of RID Kill and can only win if she’s the last one standing.
Spoiler for 1 player:

Indy
WinCon: Win with the faction of his choice.
Spoiler for 1 player:

Day Rules:
- Tie lynch on day 1 means no lynch. Any other day it means random lynch among the tie.

Night Rules:
- Order of actions: Trap > RID Kill > Save > Redirect > Kill > Block > Oracle> Steal action > Spy/Follow.
- Trap = Block + Save and stops a RID Kill
- All succesful actions are shown in the night-post, including spies and redirects (only the person that was redirected is shown).
Spoiler for other rules from the signup thread

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#2 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:33 AM

Shorter list of characters and abilities (but still read and use those in the OP, quotes and bios might come in handy ;) )

United Federation of Planets / Starfleet
---------------

WinCon: Wins if all Dominion forces are dead (including Odo if he chooses to side with them).

Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Human) - Action: Cannot be killed at night. His word carries weight (x0, x1, x2) depending on where he chooses to put that weight. Has BTSC with William Riker.

Captain William T. Riker (Human) - Action: Plays the role of fate - can redirect one person at night. Has BTSC with Picard.

Captain Ben Sisko (Human) - Action: Can block a person each night. If Worf dies, his block ability is replaced by a trap ability.

Lt. Commander Worf (Klingon) - Action: Trap a player for the night. He has a 50% chance of finding out his role.

Lt. Commander Data (AI) - Action: His logical reasoning serves him best, yet sometimes he needs a human’s gut-feeling to make him reach his target. (Oracle - He can ask the host two yes or no questions each night.)

Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge (Human) - Action: Using his VISOR he can see people’s true colors, but only if he focuses on one area. (Spy one target per night)

Lt. Thomas Riker (Human) - Action: Can’t help himself to take out people standing in his way (Kill)

Lt. Julian Bashir (Human) – Action: He’s eager to use his skill to save someone even if they just met. (Save)

The Dominion – Have BTSC.
--------------------
WinCon: Win by majority and only if both Picard and Sisko are dead.
Female Changeling (Founder) - Action: Follows one person each night and assumes his abilities. Does not forget any stolen ability, but can only use one per night and only if she forfeits using her Changeling (steal) ability that night. If spied upon, she assumes the form of a random Starfleet player (Steal and gather abilities).

Weyoun (Vorta) - Action: Can follow one person each night and learn his role. If he spies Odo, his identity is revealed to Odo only. If Odo already chose to side with the Dominion, he joins the BTSC. (Spy)

First Omet'iklan (Jem’Hadar) - Action: Each night can choose to either draw his weapon and engage in combat with the enemy (Block) or "shroud" themselves, a form of camouflage that acts as a personal cloaking field (Invulnerable to kill). If the Vor’ta is dead, his ketracel white reserves will be depleted and his block is replaced by a Kill. If the Founder is targeted for a successful kill / RID Kill then Omet'iklan will die and take the attacker with him (but the Founder will remain alive)

Gul Dukat (Cardassian) - Action: Can follow a target each night and tell which person they visited. He can “sweet-talk” someone during the day to forget his vote (Make one vote count x0)

Romulan Star Empire
WinCon: Successfully RID Kill 2 out of 3 secret targets selected by host before the game starts. If two of her targets are killed by others or is lynched, no new targets are added but ability and WinCon is changed: she can kill instead of RID Kill and can only win if she’s the last one standing.

Commander Sela (Romulan) - Action: Can RID Kill at night. Her RID Kill takes precedence over both Starfleet and Dominion kill. Is able to make her vote count x2 during the day (only if she chooses to via PM).

Indy
WinCon: Win with the faction of his choice.

Odo (Changeling) - Action: He must decide to join a faction (Starfleet or the Dominion) in N1. If he does not choose, the host will choose for him. He does not have a night action but as a Changeling has the ability to appear as a random Starfleet when spied.

Host: Araver
1. Slick
2. Hirk
3. Segul
4. firno
5. golfjunkie
6. Framm
7. Vineetrika
8. DarthLegion
9. Blablah
10. dark_magician_92
11. benjer3
12. crazypainter
13. maurice
14. Social Darwin

Backups

Backups still needed – sign up here

Night 1 will end at 6 PM EST Monday Jan 10th (more than 24 hours to get all actions/confirmations in). Night might end earlier if I get all actions in before than.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Edited by araver, 09 January 2011 - 04:34 AM.

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#3 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:11 AM

All roles are out.

Backup(s) still needed. If I do not receive confirmation by 6 PM EST Monday, I will start replacing inactive players. After that, only missing a whole day/night cycle (48h) will count as inactiveness / need for replacement.
Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#4 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:13 AM

Hello boys....where are your manners? Welcome me back;):P

#5 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:15 AM

:duh: :blush: Hi...welcome back...B))

edit - By the way, I've already told the host that I'm Spock, so there's that...but I'll accept the actions that he gave me

Edited by maurice, 09 January 2011 - 05:18 AM.

#6 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:24 AM

CP's back. :D :lol: :D :lol:

Good to see you again.

I did :) , and it really is good to see you playing again. :D

Spoiler for Haikus

#7 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:26 AM

oh before I forget..I hope that we all can agree on something. Is there any way that we dont use really pale colors? Some of us are dippin into the metamucil. Seriously, I am having some sight issues, optic neuritis and would soo sppreciate the favor.

#8 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:51 AM

For the newer players.

1) Do NOT out your role unless absolutely necessary, as there is an RID Kill in this game, which means that they will kill you if you are one of their targets. Not to mention that it takes the fun out of the game, if everybody outs there role.

2) Lt. Thomas Riker does not need to act tonight, there isn't enough information to make a good kill and there is a big chance that you might hit a fellow goodie.

Spoiler for Haikus

#9 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

oh before I forget..I hope that we all can agree on something. Is there any way that we dont use really pale colors? Some of us are dippin into the metamucil. Seriously, I am having some sight issues, optic neuritis and would soo sppreciate the favor.

Noted :thumbsup:

Here's a list of colors and codes (that I think are not pale) for quick copy-paste:

Spoiler for

I will also use Dark Gray for "Killed by / Lynched and found to be".

Edited by araver, 09 January 2011 - 06:38 AM.

Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#10 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

Prologue

------ ( a cloaked vessel outside the Bajor system) ------

The Founder was looking out the window towards the point where the wormhole was. No traffic was to be seen. Vessels were patrolling the area and spy reports about a minefield had arrived a week earlier. She knew she was stranded in this quadrant for a while and would need to play all the cards at the right time to get the upper hand. She missed the Great Link and was distressed to spend so much of her time among solids.
The doors hissed and Weyoun 5 walked in. She sensed him bow, then heard “Founder”. The Female Changeling turned around and faced her most loyal servant with a half-smile. “What news do you bring?”.
Weyoun hesitated for a second “Our ketracel white reserves are sufficient for one more month. However our attempts to find the necessary ingredients in the Alpha Quadrant have proved fruitless so far.”
“What about our new-found allies?”, inquired the Founder.
“Well, Dukat is … stubborn, but manageable. His hatred towards the other powers in the Alpha Quadrant is genuine. I …”. “Good. Don’t forget that the leash needs to be tight. But not too tight, at least until we get reinforcements.” “Yes, Founder.”
“And the Solids with pointy ears?” “The Romulans have rejected the offer to join the Dominion, however they have accepted a neutrality treaty. They demand some areas which are now under the control of the Federation and Klingon Empire.”
“Good. Finish the negotiations. Promise them anything. They're so predictably treacherous. What about the other race?”
“So far, our attempts to contact the Breen have been unsuccessful. In time, perhaps…”
“Time is a luxury we may not have, Weyoun. Remember that. And the other search …”
“So far, the Ferengi have not traded any more stories about any Changeling in the Alpha Quadrant. The only one known to us is Odo, but he is unreachable for now. He is stationed on Deep Space 9.”
“Keep searching. And send in the First Omet’iklan. I have a job for him.”
“Yes, Founder. As you wish.”

------ ( a cloaked Warbird at the edge of the Alpha quadrant) ------

“Commander Sela. I believe the TalShiar operatives have briefed you with your mission.”
“Yes, Praetor! I am to infiltrate command outposts along the Federation / Cardassian border, search and eliminate my targets.”
“Good. The Empire’s status depends on those targets being eliminated. Both sides must be weakened to strengthen our position. You know what to do in case you are captured…”
“Yes, Praetor!”
“Good. Upon completion, await further instructions.”

------ ( aboard the Deep Space 9 station) ------

Odo walked along the corridors watching the people around, sensing their mood, observing their behavior. Grim. That was the word that described everything. It dumbfounded him that criminality was lower than it had ever been. He passed several groups of people that were discussing in low voices. It seems conspiracies were still going on.
He entered his quarters and stopped by the window for a moment. The wormhole could not be seen, but glimpses from the minefield and nearby patrols were seen as the station rotated. He still thought about the latest Starfleet report he obtained in the morning. Unconfirmed reports spoke of Changelings infiltrating among key Klingon and Federation stations and vessels. His thoughts ran to the message he received not so long ago. His people. Like him. His thoughts wandered for a while, and then he sighed and melted down in his bucket for the night.

-------- (elsewhere aboard Deep Space 9) -----

“With all due respect, Captain …”, Sisko was pacing furiously.
“That’s enough! Your orders are to assemble your crew and take the Defiant along the Cardassian border. You will rendezvous with a Maquis operative. Skeleton crew only. Picard looked at Sisko “Remember, Captain, this is a covert operation, we don’t want to provoke a large scale attack from the Dominion right now as the Alliance forces are still gathering.”
Sisko stopped and glared at Picard. “Fine. I will take Lt. Comm. Worf and Dr. Bashir with me.”
“Lt. Comm. Data and Lt. Comm. La Forge will be placed under your command for this operation. In the meantime, Commander Riker will assume command of Deep Space 9 and the Enterprise will be nearby at all times. And Captain,…”. Sisko turned. “Good luck!”
Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users