Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

I've played Mafia with friends before, but never on a forum. This is a lot more complex, but I'm up for the challenge. I've read through a previous game, too. This'll be fun. :)

Welcome benjer3 :thumbsup:

Hope you will like it!
PM me for any questions you might have during the game.

P.S.: Please note that day has 24h and night has 24h unless specified otherwise, so that everybody has one or more chances to be on, regardless of time-zone. So the feeling might seem different from real-life mafia at first, but I think it will become more familiar after discussions begin day 1 (and later) ;)

Edited by araver, 08 January 2011 - 01:00 AM.

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#42 benjer3

benjer3

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

#43 Hirkala

Hirkala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:24 AM

Wow, lots of new players! (Or people I've never played with before.) Good to see new faces either way, though! Welcome and good luck, you guys!!!

#44 Darth Legion

Darth Legion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:32 AM

Thank you :)

#45 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

A couple of explanations/clarifications (I'll carry them over to the game thread once signups are over):
- First, Dominion (baddies) have a night-kill (forgot to put that :duh:)
- about vote-manipulators: Picard can make a vote (any vote) count x0, x1, x2, Dukat can make a vote (any vote) count x0, Sela can make her vote x1 or x2. Vote-manipulators are multiplicative and can interact - e.g. Picard makes A's vote x2 and Dukat makes it x0 then it's x0. Picard makes Sela vote x2 and Sela makes her vote x2 then Sela's vote is actually x4.
- Odo appears as a random Starfleet if spied by either LaForge or Weyoun.
- Odo only joins Dominion BTSC if he chooses to side with Dominion in N1 and he is spied by Weyoun in any night (including night 1).
- Female Changeling changeling ability is steal&gather ability. So each night she can choose to either to A) steal X's ability OR B) use a previously stolen ability. Regardless of the choice, she still appears as a random Starfleet if spied by LaForge (or Weyoun but that makes less sense).
- Picards invulnerability at night is for Dominion night-kill, Thomas' kill, Ometiklan kill. He is still vulnerable to RID Kill.
- Picards invulnerability at night cannot be stolen (but First Ometiklan's shroud ability can be)
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#46 benjer3

benjer3

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:57 AM

Just a few questions about roles:
Does the order of actions mean that a later action cannot affect the results of a previous action?
Does Sela have a choice to RID kill or normal kill if her conditions change?
Does the Founder target a person or a role, and can she use acquired day abilities?
Who is Omet'iklan's target if the Founder is killed at night?

#47 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:52 AM

Host: Araver
1. slick
2. Hirk
3. Segul
4. firno
5. golfjunkie
6. Framm
7. Vineetrika
8. DarthLegion
9. Blablah
10. dark_magician_92
11. benjer3
12.crazypainter
13. maurice

Backups

Mentors
1. Social Darwin

I know its been a while. Thanks for the invite.

#48 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:57 AM

CP's back. :D :lol: :D :lol:

Good to see you again.

Spoiler for Haikus

#49 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:01 AM

Glad you ask.

Does the order of actions mean that a later action cannot affect the results of a previous action?

Pretty much. It says in which order the actions are evaluated by the host - trap being the first.
Trap > RID Kill > Save > Redirect > Kill > Block > Oracle> Steal action > Spy/Follow.
E.g: If someone submits an action but was the target of a trap, his action is discarded since the trap is executed first. Saves protect from a Kill but not a RID Kill. Traps protect the victim of a Kill /RID Kill, etc.
Each game has its own order / rules set by the host, so nothing should be assumed unless explicitly stated.

Does Sela have a choice to RID kill or normal kill if her conditions change?

Nope. If she loses her initial targets she goes into a "murderous rage" - that is why RID Kill is replaced by a "blind" kill.

Does the Founder target a person or a role, and can she use acquired day abilities?

Founder targets a person, not a role. Practically, everyone targets a person.

Who is Omet'iklan's target if the Founder is killed at night?

Yeah, I left it kinda ambiguous, sorry about that.
He is a bodyguard of the Founder. So if Founder is targeted by X with a Kill (or a successful RID Kill) and Omet'iklan is still alive (not trapped), then Omet'iklan will die instead of the Founder and kill X /take X with him.
So more accurate would be: "If the Founder is targeted for a successful kill / RID Kill then Omet'iklan will die and take the attacker with him. The Founder will remain alive."
And in the unlikely event that the Founder is targeted by a kill AND a RID Kill the same night, then Omet will kill the RID-attacker (since that action comes first) and die leaving the second attacker able to kill the Founder.
Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#50 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:02 AM

I know its been a while. Thanks for the invite.

Good to have you playing with us :D
Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users