Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sherlock Holmes Mafia

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#71 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

I was as active as a ghost could be...:(

#72 NickFleming

NickFleming

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

Roles soon... I'm not sure if they're all typed in one place or not.
*pats maurice and Framm*

Sherlock Holmes-Slick
Dr. Watson-Framm18
Stanley Hopkins-Glycereine
Mycroft-Harvey
Wiggins-EDM
Inspector Alec MacDonald-Maurice
Inspector Athelney Jones-Vipe195
Professor Moriarty-Araver
Irene Adler-Vineetrika
Lord Blackwood-Woon
Inspector Lestrade-LJ
Inspector Gregson-Little Miss Sunshine

Edited by NickFleming, 03 December 2010 - 10:31 PM.

#73 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

Had two of the three baddies. :D Should have stuck with araver. :dry:

Spoiler for Haikus

#74 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

Here's my analysis, since I didn't get to play much...araver is always bad. Next game I am lynching him D1. :lol:

#75 NickFleming

NickFleming

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

:lol: I was actually gonna post something saying I was going to expect revenge on 'im.

There's gonna be a good bit of meta-gaming if any of those goodies and araver are in the next game. And especially if Izzy is in there.

Edited by NickFleming, 03 December 2010 - 10:39 PM.

#76 harvey45

harvey45

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

Damn, I probably would have failed tonight anyway. Sorry for being so inactive, N3 was the first night I thought I would have information enough to go for a kill.

Edit: And sorry for being one of the people to take you down, slick; I was away at a rehearsal and by the time I got back the day was over.

Edited by harvey45, 03 December 2010 - 10:45 PM.

#77 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

I almost posted a Mycroft target araver post too. :(

Sorry, feel like grumbling over this one.

araver's defense of his vote for Glyce was odd in that he pushed the whole Moriarty thing. Something just read wrong about it, and I should have stuck with it. :( (wishes for a crying smiley.)

P.S I also want to hear the baddies reasonings for their kills.

P.S.S Maurice, you are probably going to get a welcome to mafia vote from me, next game we are in. :D

Spoiler for Haikus

#78 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1581 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:49 PM

It's the first time I get lucky as a bad guy. :dance: Thank you Nick!
I did not count on staying alive that much after seeing so many spy roles among goodies and indies.

Inactivity is very BAD for goodies. Seems one active baddie is enough if baddies have vote manipulation.
Also, indies didn't help goodies at all (neither in actions or voting). I figured they would help the goodies because of baddie's wincon.

Had two of the three baddies. :D Should have stuck with araver. :dry:

Not voting against Glyc put you on my radar as the most likely Watson. However, I did not expect you to vote me on any information so I guess your vote was random?

Just curios about something: The explanation of why I voted Glyc in D1 is sincere and I used an "unbiased" spreadsheet (with a random non-important goodie role). I'm actually convinced that a goodie should vote Glyc on those assumptions because it will provide a starting vote in case both Watson and Holmes want to jump on it. It's too good an opportunity to pass if Glyc=Moriarty=Goodie WINCON. And it might confuse baddies who Watson is (even though they know Holmes) and thus prevent Watson from dying one night.
I'm just curious why no one seemed to believe me (and angry too, but that was mainly because of the pills I was taking, sorry about that).

Here's my analysis, since I didn't get to play much...araver is always bad. Next game I am lynching him D1. :lol:

Maurice, I have a truce to propose to you:
- If I am bad I will always kill you on N1 just in case you're a spy and spy on me (like it probably happened here - I just reacted in self-defence with 4 spies around it was likely one of them was you)
- If you're bad, you should do the same and kill me, 'cause if I'm a spy, I will spy on you - that's a promise.
That way, if we both wake up alive on D1, we know we're on the same side. What say you? :D

Edited by araver, 03 December 2010 - 10:50 PM.

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#79 Glycereine

Glycereine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

Slick could have prevented his lynching today though too. I never got more of a defense than you'll be sorry. And he knew my role so it would have been an easy proof to me :(

#80 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

I do not like that araver. That means I die N1 roughly 30% of the time? BTW I spied LMS.

I took my death N1 as sort of "hey maybe his logic is kinda sound" respect.

{edit - just realized there are some instances when we are both bad (then they'll be sorry), so my estimation is overstated. But still}

Edited by maurice, 03 December 2010 - 10:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users