Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sherlock Holmes Mafia

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#11 LJayden

LJayden

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:52 AM

Alright! First vote! :P

Hosts: MissKitten and Prince_Marth85
1. Glycereine
2. EDM
3. maurice - killed by the Baddies
4. Framm18
5. woon
6. Vipe195
7. araver
8. Little Miss Sunshine
9. LJ - voted for woon
10. Vineetrika
11. slick
12. Harvey

Just for starters...

#12 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:21 AM

I haven't see much action in the night-post - guess most people either didn't do anything or wasn't mentioned).

So, I'm picking one that made it to the night-post to ask questions. Glyc, what do you say?

1. Glycereine
2. EDM
4. Framm18
5. woon
6. Vipe195
7. araver - voted for Glycereine
8. Little Miss Sunshine
9. LJ - voted for woon
10. Vineetrika
11. slick
12. Harvey

I'll be back in a long while since it's 4am right now for me, but I'll be back to hear and change my vote if necessary.
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#13 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4854 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:33 AM

1. Glycereine
2. EDM
4. Framm18
5. woon
6. Vipe195
8. Little Miss Sunshine
9. LJ - voted for woon
10. Vineetrika
11. slick-voting for Harvey
12. Harvey

I must vote early, as it seems my time at work will replace me otherwise. Just random voting as usual.
Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#14 NickFleming

NickFleming

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:38 AM

1. Glycereine
2. EDM
4. Framm18
5. woon
6. Vipe195
7. araver
8. Little Miss Sunshine
9. LJ
10. Vineetrika
11. slick
12. Harvey

Backups
1. NickFleming

:P

#15 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:37 AM

1. Glycereine
2. EDM
4. Framm18 - Voting for avarer
5. woon
6. Vipe195
8. Little Miss Sunshine
9. LJ - voted for woon
10. Vineetrika
12. Harvey

Consider it a welcome to mafia gift from me, since this is the first time playing with you. :D

Spoiler for Haikus

#16 Glycereine

Glycereine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:34 AM

1. Glycereine - Voting for avarer
2. EDM
5. woon
6. Vipe195
8. Little Miss Sunshine
9. LJ - voted for woon
10. Vineetrika
12. Harvey

You're either bad or misguided Araver. I was spied last night. Which means a goodie knows who I am. If you aren't that goodie (which I know you are not) voting for me blindly is a bad idea. Which means you are trying to get someone to out themselves or completely missed the night post.

#17 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

You're either bad or misguided Araver. I was spied last night. Which means a goodie knows who I am. If you aren't that goodie (which I know you are not) voting for me blindly is a bad idea. Which means you are trying to get someone to out themselves or completely missed the night post.

Not really. And since you're voting for me (and because of Framm's gift), I now need to tell you why I did that:
I did not vote blindly or randomly. I actually thought that it's better to choose you rather than choose randomly.
From what I read in the night post, not one goodie, but two goodies know who you are (goodie BTSC). Doubtful you are one of them spying on yourself.
There is an off-chance that you're Moriarty in which case you are the goodie's wincon, but that's a stretch because of the wording of the nightpost. Other than that, there are 4 goodie/4 baddie+indie roles left which makes it a fair 50-50 chance that you're not goodie. Plus, that very small chance that you are Moriarty does tip the 50-50 balance, because lynching you in that case would fullfil the goodie wincon (we can't have lost majority). So the odds are better in your case than 6/5 for choosing someone randomly (and not knowing whether maurice was goodie or indie). I was the second to vote (and about to get some sleep - it was 4am in my time-zone), so I did not see any other posted information (except a seemingly random vote).

I'm a logical type of person and that is reasoning behind my vote. I did not expect anyone to vote for/bandwagon on you, other than the case that you're Moriarty and then lynching you is actually more important than outing roles. It was worth a try. Plus if I'm right it gave me an information on who not to vote, so I actually have more information than before voting :)

All of that still does not tell me who to vote next, so I'm adding to someone else's pressure for now.
My reasoning is that in a 7/3/2 game distribution with 4 kill roles we either start exchanging information soon, or we have to shoot randomly.

BTW my name is araver, not avarer :)

1. Glycereine - Voting for araver
2. EDM
4. Framm18 - Voting for araver
5. woon
6. Vipe195
7. araver - Voting for Harvey
8. Little Miss Sunshine
9. LJ - voted for woon
10. Vineetrika
11. slick-voting forHarvey
12. Harvey

@Miss Kitten - What are the rules on D1 lynch ending in a tie? No lynch or random lynch?
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#18 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

1. Glycereine - Voting for avarer
2. EDM - Voting for Framm18
5. woon
6. Vipe195
7. araver - voted for Harvey
8. Little Miss Sunshine
9. LJ - voted for woon
10. Vineetrika
12. Harvey

Random; but suspicious......Am I wrong, Framm??? :D

Edited by EDM, 30 November 2010 - 01:46 PM.

Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

#19 Vineetrika

Vineetrika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

1. Glycereine - Voting for araver
2. EDM - Voting for Framm18
4. Framm18 - Voting for araver
5. woon
6. Vipe195
7. araver - voted for Harvey
8. Little Miss Sunshine
9. LJ - voted for woon
10. Vineetrika - voting for LJ
12. Harvey

Glycerine, if you are a goodie, then the goodie that spied on you should support your statement. Araver, I am not sure if a baddie would spy themselves on N1. So, I am very confused and hence the random vote to LJ. I am flying today and have lot of packing to do. I probably will not login until late tonight or tomorrow and I don't want to look inactive.
Edit: color

Edited by Vineetrika, 30 November 2010 - 03:18 PM.

#20 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

Araver, I am not sure if a baddie would spy themselves on N1.

Wait, I'm confused now.
From "Holmes watched Glycereine through his window, and learned from his amazing powers of deduction who he was. He was unaware that he was being watched by Moriarty all the time." I read the sequence Moriarty spies Holmes who in turn spies Glycereine. What does "if a baddie would spy themselves on N1" mean?
Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users