Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

Spoiler for And I think that

:thumbsup:
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#22 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

Anyone else cracked this yet?

The reason I ask is because I was thinking of doing another CtC, but wondering where to pitch the difficulty level.
In all previous CtC's I've done, I have given some thought to how people are going to solve it, and tried to leave a "way in" or at least give the hackers a fair chance. Vineetrika's offering here seems to have given less consideration to how you're going to solve it. The 1st letter is a bit of a start but not much of one really. As a result, I actually found this to be a far more satisfying challenge, I really enjoyed bashing away at it. In the end it was a great puzzle, so thanks for that Vineetrika. I've also noticed that in my algorithms, people have sometimes picked up on clues I did not intend to leave. So maybe I should post one with no intentional weaknesses. However, if nobody else can crack this, I'd be wasting my time if I were to up the ante from here. Come on guys, this is solvable, show me you can do it!

#23 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

Anyone else cracked this yet?

Come on guys, this is solvable, show me you can do it!

I've cracked the second character a little after you posted the ABORT command, but since there was no longer any pressure, I admit I kind of left it alone for a while :blush:

Spoiler for Second character:

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#24 Vineetrika

Vineetrika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:12 AM

araver, when you can solve the second character, what is stopping you from solving the rest ?

#25 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

araver, when you can solve the second character, what is stopping you from solving the rest ?

As I said, since there was no pressure I gave the problem some rest as I was blocked going around in circles and trying the same things over and over again. I will give it another try with a fresh perspective :D
Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#26 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

Hmmm .... I only found a far-fetched explanation.
@Vineetrika, is it making sense?

Spoiler for So far

Edited by araver, 20 November 2010 - 12:41 PM.

Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#27 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

Ok, it is less far-fetched once you can actually see
Spoiler for

So, if it is correct and we move on to the next CtC challenge, I had a question: I also have developed an algorithm, I'm not sure of the difficulty though. So if it at least sounds less difficult than the one octopuppy suggests ... should we do it next or after?

Edited by araver, 21 November 2010 - 12:36 PM.

Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#28 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

Ok, it is less far-fetched once you can actually see

Spoiler for

So, if it is correct and we move on to the next CtC challenge, I had a question: I also have developed an algorithm, I'm not sure of the difficulty though. So if it at least sounds less difficult than the one octopuppy suggests ... should we do it next or after?

I don't think that's quite it, though I am confused. Let's see what Vineetrika says. An easier way to check if you're on the money might be to just encode a few random words!
I think it's best if you host the next game, I'm a bit busy at the moment.

#29 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

I don't think that's quite it, though I am confused. Let's see what Vineetrika says. An easier way to check if you're on the money might be to just encode a few random words!

Spoiler for

I think it's best if you host the next game, I'm a bit busy at the moment.

Then I will open a next CtC challenge soon, later today, while waiting for Vineetrika.

Edited by araver, 21 November 2010 - 06:14 PM.

Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#30 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

Spoiler for

I'd agree with that except you miscounted the vowels on a couple. Looks like you got it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users