Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

Spoiler for What I have so far - one big half of the algorithm

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#32 Vineetrika

Vineetrika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

Spoiler for What I have so far - one big half of the algorithm

Spoiler for Filled in the rest

Edited by Vineetrika, 04 November 2010 - 08:05 PM.

#33 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Spoiler for Final table

Edit: You beat me to it :D
Kudos for the start rule. I was way off on that one.

Edited by araver, 04 November 2010 - 08:15 PM.

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#34 Cherry Lane

Cherry Lane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1636 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

araver and vineetrika -
Spoiler for

edit: oh, and nice job!

Edited by Cherry Lane, 04 November 2010 - 09:03 PM.

#35 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:16 PM

araver and vineetrika -

Spoiler for

Spoiler for answer for CL

Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#36 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:32 PM

Spoiler for ABORT

Password accepted. System shutting down.

Seems I picked the wrong time to go out, it's all gone down!
Well done indeed araver, I knew you wouldn't let me down.
Credit also to Vineetrika for starting and completing the algorithm.

I was going to note that Cherry Lane is right about not using the table, and challenge you to work out my technique, but as I was typing this araver did just that.
Spoiler for The technique...

I hope that was a satisfying puzzle, it looked like the final stretch was fun!

#37 phaze

phaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:38 PM

I count up to the next vowel using my fingers (never more than 5 for a consonant) then count the fingers back off to move on the same amount (that's not using an external aid since they are a part of me :D)

Quick someone chop off his hands so that he does not attempt to destroy the rest of the world.
Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008

#38 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

Quick someone chop off his hands so that he does not attempt to destroy the rest of the world.

I'll have to start counting in binary

#39 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

Spoiler for The technique...

I hope that was a satisfying puzzle, it looked like the final stretch was fun!

Nice technique and indeed the most natural in practice we've seen so far in the games :thumbsup::

Thank you for this challenge, octopuppy. I had so much fun running around in circles over the patterns, until finally seeing it.
Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#40 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:03 AM

So, any takers for the Evil Mastermind's role? CherryLane, you said something about a try? Dawh, Vineetrika?
Anyone willing?

I killed my half-baked idea and am currently playing a game so I haven't been able to come up with something so far.
Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users