Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Family

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#11 Aimster73

Aimster73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

I don't know about you, but I'm not letting my "little" children row across a river all by themselves! I'll be swimming, with them in the boat, and take them across. Then, I'll go back and let my hubby swim, while I go across. Then, hubby can take the boat back to fisherman, while hubby swims across again. Whew! Three times across the river! And the parents are wet.

A heck of a lot better than 13, right!?

#12 LadySixela

LadySixela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:38 PM

Boy and Girl cross
One comes back (lets say Boy)
Mom goes over
Girl comes back
Boy and Girl go over
Boy comes back
Dad goes over
Girl comes back
Boy and Girl go over
Boy comes back
Fisherman goes over
Girl comes back
Boy and girl go over and give fisherman his boat
Fisherman goes on his merry way.

#13 crab

crab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:52 PM

2 kids cross, one brings the boat back, one parent crosses, the other kid brings the boat back, both kids cross again, one kid brings the boat back, other parent crosses, the other kid brings the boat back, both kids cross again, one kid brings the boat back, the fisherman crosses, the other kid brings the boat back, both kids cross again. the fisher man is on the side where the kids and parents are. he can take the boat. total trips 11.
Easy stuff, come up with something difficult

#14 Naruki

Naruki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:03 AM

Yeah. the fishermen should have takin them over one at a time

Well, it did say the boat could hold only one adult, meaning no others - not even a kid - could fit.

If you ask me, that's a ridiculously small "boat". I prefer the 2 cannibals 3 missionaries puzzle. It's got drama.

#15 coolkid101

coolkid101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

that was easy to me! I love these puzzles!

#16 Wolken

Wolken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

Good puzzle I was looking for a solution with less moves but I guest thats the way it goes.

#17 sourabhtheone

sourabhtheone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:36 AM

1> Son + Daughter go and once return
2> one parent go and other child also return
3> again two children go and one will return
4> remaining parent go and child will return
5> both children go

#18 uber8792

uber8792

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:37 AM

ummm... DUH. the fisherman can be the only one in the boat, because he's an adult. Therefore, he cant take a parent OR a child across the river.

#19 aggrrssive

aggrrssive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:42 PM

Why didn't they all just swim across in the first place?

If you live in the Deep South, like me, any body of water can contain alligators.

Besides, its a logic puzzle. Don't you know that all bodies of water in logic puzzles are filled with sharks that have friggin' laser beams attached to their heads? They will kill you if you even touch the water.

Now that we got that out of our system, we can pretend it's a family of cannibals who just eat the fisherman (who also may happen to be a missionary) and save a few crossings of the river.

Incidentally, the fisherman's family were also committed to his cause and eventually led the whole tribe to Jesus, showing that mercy and forgiveness can transcend even the most heinous of crimes.

#20 janewiggin07

janewiggin07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:14 PM

yeah but if the fisherman is a man the two adults woudn't have been able to go across. and how come only an adult could go in the boat. couldn't the a kid sit on one of the parents laps? but then how would they get the boat back, unless, one kid and one parent go in the boat, then the kid goes back and picks up the other parent and then goes back again to pick up the other kid, and then goes back again to pick up the fisherman and sit on his lap on the way across. of course this all stems off of if the kids could sit on the parents laps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users