Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Turtle Girl

The Turtle Girl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:55 AM

A group of four snakes are all very hungry. The first snake latches on to the second snake's tail, the second snake does the same to the third, and the third bites the fourth snakes tail. Then, the fourth snake turns around and begins munching on the first snakes tail. All four snakes are now in a circle, all eating eachother. The circle gets smaller and smaller as the snakes continue to eat eachother.
Eventually, what will happen to the snakes?

#2 storm

storm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:03 AM

They will choke and die... They cannot completely eat each other because their stomach will not contain that much moreover every object on earth has to follow pauli's exclusion principle

#3 Coolkriss

Coolkriss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:41 AM

I do not agree with Storm... i have seen photos and videos on NGC and everywhere that can proove that a snake can eat much more that it can fit in its mouth ...

It all depends on the lengths of the snakes... if all of them are of the same size .. after some time their own tail is thier mouth.. hence they will all give up ..

#4 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5918 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:50 AM

Spoiler for silly snakes...
Storm:
Pauli's exclusion principle? Pauli was a snake? :o

The Turtle Girl:
Answer: the same as the number of shepherds it takes to make a shepherd's pie. B))
The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#5 storm

storm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

Spoiler for silly snakes...
Storm:
Pauli's exclusion principle? Pauli was a snake? :o

The Turtle Girl:
Answer: the same as the number of shepherds it takes to make a shepherd's pie. B))

Pauli's exclusion principle: two physical objects can not be in a same place at the same time. :mellow:
My variation: If one snake eat another of same length (without letting it digested), then it should take twice the space than the original one...now if the size remains same...then it must be the prey, then where is the predator?? :rolleyes: ....I think i made it complicated enough

#6 roolstar

roolstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

I guess that's why snakes start swallowing their preys HEAD FIRST then...

#7 statman

statman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:40 PM

Spoiler for guessssss

#8 redshift

redshift

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:27 AM

I guess that's why snakes start swallowing their preys HEAD FIRST then...

My snake didn't always start swallowing the head first... And it could *definitely* swallow something with a greater diameter than its (normal) self.

I thought Pauli's Exclusion Principle applied to states of Leptons (eg electrons).

Spoiler for comments on post 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users