Now seeing as how you don't want to die, you attempt to defeat the four knights. You notice that they just so happen to play by the following rules:
1) You move first in standard knight format, followed by top left, top right, bottom right, and bottom left knights who also move in standard knight format.
2) The knights actually aren't that bright, if two land on the same square they will end up killing each other.
3) The knights will always move as close as possible towards you with in the way a standard knight does. This is calculated (distance away = X + Y).
4) You notice that given two moves that will result in equal distance, the knight will favor the top, then right, then bottom, then left squares adjacent to you.
5) If an attacking knight is already in his optimum position he will skip his turn.
What path do you take to default the knights? What is the optimum center square to start in?
Bonus: The knights have smartened up. The realize that if they both land on one square only ONE of them has to die. Given this new revelation, is it possible to default all four knights? If so what is your path? How many turns does it take?
Edited by littlej, 05 August 2010 - 06:13 PM.