Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Evidence of God's Design

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#51 Blablah99

Blablah99

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

Ugh. This is turning into the "Proud to be an american" thread. Enough said. All it needs is G&USA&C.

#52 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

Now I don’t think IZZY put forward very good arguments mostly due to personal attacks but hambone neither have you. I will try to remain more civil with my comments.

Haha, yeah dude. That's because this is at least the 20th religios debate on this site since my joining, the second in a week involving hambone. I'm sick of it. Your new, so your going to have fun, but unreality, dawh, octopuppy, ADParker and I have done this in The Athesist Discussion, The Christian Discussion, and I the drug debate actually turned into a religious one, along with the abortion debate, oh and then there was the "Does God Exist?" thread, along with the "Is There An Afterlife" and the "Proud to be American thread". I can't be bothered to do this anymore, which is why from now I'm going to ignore the wackos (Hambone, who I think is just a troll anyone. :P I know who you are. :P) , and.. just.. chill. Haha.

Look up the Athesist Discussion, I think I joined in like ten or twenty pages from the end. I'm not in the mood to look up old posts or retype them. :P

#53 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

Yes.....if you want to say that there is evolution; there is.....I know about it all...But Evolution can just be a way of God 'designing & creating' the earth? It makes enough sense to safely say that...... :D

I like the way you think EDM. You're fusing your faith with the reality of the situation; God planning the process of evolution seems like the most elegant and 'godly' way to 'design' everything if I was a god.

Some times I consider myself a deist, which means that a god set in motion the universe but then had no further interaction with it. Its only interaction was to initially create it, you might say. Then again the whole point is that that doesn't matter. Still an atheist/agnostic at core. But i'm not anti-theist. I think it's reasonable for a religious person to conclude that god set in motion the natural processes. (As long as you don't think the earth is 6k years old i'm cool with you :lol: :lol: )

Hm, the very things you saw that make you have faith in God are the things that make me want to learn more about biology. All that stuff, arising out of a genome encoding only about thirty thousand genes (and of course a bunch of non-protein-coding regulatory elements that shouldn't be short changed). It's remarkable how well that little program works. But to me a genome seems less like evidence of a vastly more complex creator and more like an example of how intricate and beautiful emergent properties can be.

agreed. Sure you can look at all this fascinating complexity (billions of years to reach this point in evolutionary history - some people don't get how long that really is, how long it takes for these things to happen) and just write it off "prometheus crafted me out of clay" or "god designed me from dirt" or whatever religion you follow. OR, you can actually try to explain them. To figure out how these emergent complexities can occur. Chaos from order. It's a fascinating subject

No one is born into Christianity. There are a lot of religions of the earth Izzy I know and have learned about most all of them. The one that is TRUE is the God of Abraham. I don't need to prove to anyone what I know or have learned about other religions. The others are false a lie. Only one God Loved you enough to send his son to die for You. Allah, wants your son to die for him.

again your ignorance of other religions astounds me. You have very little knowledge of what it actually means to be Muslim, let alone Buddhist or any other.

By the way have you heard of 'Buddha Boy'? It's pretty cool stuff. But I'm sure you'll cast it away as a "fabricated miracle", not real. And of course it probably is. But then don't be surprised when stuff you think of as "miracles" turn out to be just as fabricated

#54 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

oh....thanks unreality..... :)
i don't think that earth is 6k , yet i don't think that the earth was simply there or it's only a few yrs old or anything; as far as i'm concerned, the universe is God's creation and he IS......we can't comprehend it as we are not of that level; no one is. We all have an excellent functioning brain (talking about the average person here...), but no one has the capacity to comprehend everything in life; it's not possible to learn everything and remember it accurately or understand it very well for the remainder of our lives; we grow old, we lose our memory, we stop functioning the way we used to, etc.
So basically, the fact that God just 'IS' is not completely comprehensible, but that's where faith and belief comes in........it's the same as finding out that someone is going to die unless the proper rare blood type is found and there doesn't seem to be any hope of finding a match for the person.......faith and hope that the match will be found usually ends up suddenly with a person being the match........:D
that's all i'm saying......( i think i just deviated slightly....)
and please don't bug hambone about the Muslim bit; he got it, ok?........:)

and Izzy; if you're sick of discussing this, why don't you just stop? :huh: there are others who are willing to discuss it.........(just curious as to why you keep commenting if you're not in a proper position to do so...... :blink: )
Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

#55 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

The same reason The Wildhearts are Sick of Drugs but do them anyway?

Umm. No dude. There is no faith or praying involved with the blood match. Here in Florida (and I think most of the USA?) The Red Bus comes to high schools and students are encouraged (and even offered extra credit as an incentive and missing a class) to go donate blood. There are millions of blood donors (I'm not 16 yet and myself have donated twice, lmao), a match is undoubtedly going to be found. O- is a fairly common blood type, and it's the universal donor, so EVERYONE can accept it. Hospitals stock up on this stuff, so if someone doesn't know their blood type and needs a transfusion, there's no problem. No god or luck involved, it's science. If there was a god, we'd all have the same blood type and this sort of thing wouldn't be a problem. :P

In fact, if you recall my post in the American thread (I think it was in there, it was one of these), you'll see that praying actually has nil effect on the outcome of a situation. :P

Edited by Izzy, 10 July 2010 - 08:20 PM.

#56 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

what about the miracles that have happened?
Spoiler for ....

Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

#57 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Like.. what? We all live pretty..chill.. lives for the most part. The occasional coincidence that will seem like a miracle will happen, and we will call it a miracle, but it isn't really. I choose to think the world is governed by entropy and chaos, and the occasional cool thing (like Seth McFarlene, creator of Family Guy, missing his plane and not dying in 9/11) happens, you choose to think this is divine intervention. If you're right, God has favorite, and is mean (like Seth McFarlene, total atheist, hilarious, but makes fun of everyone) surviving 9/11 but a bunch of innocent people dying. Seth calls it a miracle, other people think otherwise. There is no such thing as divine intervention.

#58 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

hmm.....maybe not for you, but it's definitely there for the majority of the world.....:D

#59 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

The majority of the world thought everything revolved around the Earth and Copernicus and Galileo were ostracized because of it. In the 1800-1900s, the majority of the world thought slavery was alright. The majority of the world feels its okay to spray chemicals in the air as long as they do it to themselves too (smoking), a while ago, the majority of the world women shouldn't have the right to vote. The majority of students think it's "cool" to fail a test. The majority of people in jails in the US are Christian. I sure do love being part of the majority. :rolleyes:

Say no to peer pressure kids.

#60 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

is it wrong for the majority to believe in peace rather than war? or in love rather than hate? or in hope rather than hopelessness? or in the positives instead of the negatives? or in faith rather than doubt?

question: do you believe in the existence of the Devil?

Edited by EDM, 10 July 2010 - 09:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users