Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Evidence of God's Design

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#431 phaze

phaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

@Unreality It is easier to see that bootstrapping the universe could be done by something smaller in size but more complex, in which case redundancy would be evidence for a God/Universe of this kind. How would something as intricate as the universe be generated from something that is greatly less complex?
Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008

#432 Quag

Quag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1707 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

To summarize my position in previous posts on the subject
I don`t know if god exists or not. But There is 0 nada not one shred of evidence that he does. (or doesn`t , but the OP was about evidence that he does exist)

#433 gvg

gvg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

Indeed Quag. I myself am an agnostic atheist, meaning that while I think it's possible, the lack of evidence for one leads me to conclude that there isn't one.

#434 TheCube

TheCube

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

Indeed Quag. I myself am an agnostic atheist, meaning that while I think it's possible, the lack of evidence for one leads me to conclude that there isn't one.

I somewhat think that, but I try not to show it, if you know what I mean.
Jack and Jill went up the hill
to fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown
And Jill just laughed at Jack as he sat there unconscious.

Jack should've known that Jill was a baddie . . .

#435 gvg

gvg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

You mean you aren't a militant atheist I presume. I'm not either. I don't argue with people unless they specifically want to. Then, of course, I try to woop them, if you know what I mean =)

#436 TheCube

TheCube

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

You mean you aren't a militant atheist I presume. I'm not either. I don't argue with people unless they specifically want to. Then, of course, I try to woop them, if you know what I mean =)

I mean that my parents are Christian and I don't them to believe that I MIGHT not believe in God, although I do have faith that he does. Its just that no proof has came so far and that leaves me in doubt.

#437 gvg

gvg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

Oh. My parents are Christian too, but thankfully they're very accepting. I think that as long as your parents aren't like psycho-christians, they'll be just as accepting. Of course, I don't know your parents, so...

#438 Quag

Quag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1707 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'm not really sure what my aprents are, they used to go to church till one day there was a sermon that made my folks really angry and now they don`t go. Maybe they believe in god, I'm not sure but I know they don't like organized religion.

#439 TheCube

TheCube

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

Oh. My parents are Christian too, but thankfully they're very accepting. I think that as long as your parents aren't like psycho-christians, they'll be just as accepting. Of course, I don't know your parents, so...

I really don't know if they are really acceptive, and I don't think I will test that theory anytime soon.

#440 gvg

gvg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

Quag: Well, they just might not be the same sect of Christianity or something. Happened to my aunt during the divorce process.

Cube: Oh. Understood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users