Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Evidence of God's Design

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#31 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:06 AM

I did not nor did I claim to. But I actually took the time to learn the oppostion (and that's more than just Christianity ;)). Seriously, go read God: The Failed Hypothesis. Short read, like $15 at your local BnR. We're in the same state, you can gladly borrow my copy. :P (But that'd be creepy, so just go buy it, haha.)

#32 hambone

hambone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1196 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:08 AM

I did not nor did I claim to. But I actually took the time to learn the oppostion (and that's more than just Christianity ;)). Seriously, go read God: The Failed Hypothesis. Short read, like $15 at your local BnR. We're in the same state, you can gladly borrow my copy. :P (But that'd be creepy, so just go buy it, haha.)

And after you study the Word of God with the Hebrew and Greek Lexicon we will get along just fine. :lol:

Edited by hambone, 10 July 2010 - 04:09 AM.

#33 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:10 AM

I took and aced a World Religions class. I think I'm in the clear here. ;)

Here I was under the impression we were getting along just fine. =0

#34 hambone

hambone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1196 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

I am going to leave you now, lots of sleeping to do. Til another time Izzy. B))

#35 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:12 AM

Peace to the out broski.

edit: typo

Edited by Izzy, 10 July 2010 - 04:13 AM.

#36 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:41 AM

I took and aced a World Religions class. I think I'm in the clear here. ;)

Here I was under the impression we were getting along just fine. =0

hmm.....Izzy, considering you took a World Religious class, I can't believe that you still don't understand much about religion.......
Yes.....if you want to say that there is evolution; there is.....I know about it all...But Evolution can just be a way of God 'designing & creating' the earth? It makes enough sense to safely say that...... :D
Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

#37 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:52 AM

Hm, the very things you saw that make you have faith in God are the things that make me want to learn more about biology. All that stuff, arising out of a genome encoding only about thirty thousand genes (and of course a bunch of non-protein-coding regulatory elements that shouldn't be short changed). It's remarkable how well that little program works. But to me a genome seems less like evidence of a vastly more complex creator and more like an example of how intricate and beautiful emergent properties can be.

#38 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

hmm.....Izzy, considering you took a World Religious class, I can't believe that you still don't understand much about religion.......

I actually know quite a bit. ;) You're basing my "knowledge" off of my belief, rather than my actual comprehension of the material. I'm curious, how much do you actually know about the religions other than your own? Are you positive you are making an informed decision with your life's dedication rather than just accepting the one you were born into? Why Christianity opposed to Islam, Buddhism, or Hinduism (just naming the major ones).

Also. Plasmid, beautifully worded. :D

#39 UNfire

UNfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

very interesting topic, that we have here.

I do not believe in Divine Creation (mostly because we stil have ape-like parts in our body), neither do I fully believe the Evolution Theorie (mostly because of the theorie part, which means nothing is proven).

I in fact hold in mind several theories that I find plausible:
- the earth was already ready for life 500 miljoen years ago, yet the first life form was some kind of insect which "started living" on earth 200-250 miljoen years ago. so I believe that we already existed, but almost f***ed up the planet like we do now, so we desided to take a do-over (not the most plausible (explanation)).
- we were from the very beginning an already excisting race, which simply addapted it's DNA to be able to live on earth.
clues are for example the egyptians.
* the build fricking piramides in line with the stars, which means that they where skilled in astrologie.
* the build the piramides themselfs, till today still world wonders.
there are more civilizations (like the maya's) that I can use, but I don't want to hammer on the subject.
- the thirth one is complex and involves only me so I'm not going to explain it :)

Edited by UNfire, 10 July 2010 - 11:13 AM.

#40 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

I actually know quite a bit. ;) You're basing my "knowledge" off of my belief, rather than my actual comprehension of the material. I'm curious, how much do you actually know about the religions other than your own? Are you positive you are making an informed decision with your life's dedication rather than just accepting the one you were born into? Why Christianity opposed to Islam, Buddhism, or Hinduism (just naming the major ones).

Also. Plasmid, beautifully worded. :D

I actually know a lot more than most 17 yr olds....:) (and i'm proud of it....:))

Yes.....I've made my choice to be christian; it's what I've decided alone......like i've said before; if I want to change, I'll change......but i have made my choice.
Anyway; all the religions of the world have a common ground; the belief in a Divine Power.........that's enough for me.... :D
Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users