Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Advance Wars Mafia

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#261 onetruth

onetruth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hey! This was just a game, but it was fun all the way through. Thanks filly! :D And I hope nobody took offense at my backstabbing, this is Mafia after all. Lies and betrayal are part and parcel of Mafia and this is what makes these games so interesting. Unpredictability. And don't take any of my comments personally, one of the first and foremost rules in Mafia. :)

onetruth thinks you're clever, but kanbei hates you...beware the spirit of kanbei, who wields ghost popcorn and a ghost sword! :lol:

#262 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

onetruth thinks you're clever, but kanbei hates you...beware the spirit of kanbei, who wields ghost popcorn and a ghost sword! :lol:

Thanks OT and BTW Kanbei was my biggest headache. :lol: Most of the time I was trying to figure out who Kanbei was and plotting different schemes to get rid of you. I think I gave filly a headache pestering him with questions on Kanbei. :P

#263 filly678

filly678

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

Day 5: Rise of TEH SNIFIT!!1!!1!!!

The day was short, since Golfjunkie, a.k.a. Max, would be voting for Sturm. Sturm would be voting for Max. But Sturm got a 5 and forced Max to immolate himself.

Final result: Indy win!
2nd place: Baddies
3rd place: Goodies.

Spoiler for Roles

Spoiler for Secret Abilities

GC manipulated everyone with his lie about his wincon, thus making sure he survives until the end. It was weird that the indy would be the last one standing and the winner even though his role was outed on Day 1.

This was my first time hosting and it was really fun, though a bit tedious writing the day and night posts.

#264 golfjunkie

golfjunkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:
...well played GC

#265 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

Thanks for the game again, filly!:D Yeah, The secret wincon was the only thing I could gamble on after my role was outed. I thought things could only get worse from here, so I decided to gamble and I guess it paid off. I must also admit that I was lucky on many occasions, starting from Eagle trapping me(that provided me some breathing space, otherwise you guys would have lynched me on day 1. It was also the basis for my duplicate wincon, faking Sami as one of my targets.), OT's kill on me failing due to snow and finally getting vote redirect abilities on days 4 and 5.

The most difficult decision was when to change alliances from goodies to baddies, had to maintain the balance to ensure I got nearer my wincon. That's why I withheld Glyc's role on day 2, so that a goodie could be lynched. I got lucky again with yuiop(eagle) getting lynched by a coin toss. Thanks for the fun guys!:D And sorry for the lies.:P

Of course, and the reason for everything was Izzy, if she had not spied on me Night 1, things could have been a whole lot different. ;)

#266 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

I knew something like this would happen, that was why I was pushing for the killing of GC. Oh well, GG everybody and the host.

Spoiler for Haikus

#267 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Thanks GJ! You really had no choice on Night 5, but I was hoping that you wouldn't block me. That's why I cooked up a story on framm's secret ability, so that you would not block me. Sorry about that. :blush:
And filly it sure feels weird to win after thinking you are going to die before the game has begun. :wacko:

#268 onetruth

onetruth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

Thanks Filly!

Wow, GC...nice job. I knew you had a trick up your sleeve, and I had a feeling that you outliving us would be bad. But none of my kills went through anyway. I should've trusted Izzy night 1...but I didn't. We should've lynched you instead of Glycereine!

Also, I only had a kill on prime nights, not every night, or GC would've gone down Night 4! lol

#269 Glycereine

Glycereine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

Good game all.

Going back to my first ghost comment though, I was the only active baddie which really didn't help things. MK got active at the end but only after we were basically outted. That was no fault of her own, but she replaced someone and it took some time to get into it. having LJ get lynched the first day without him even talking (dont think he ever posted in BTSC or the thread) hurt really bad.

I knew your win con was not what you said it was btw GC :). I also knew you didn't accidently say I was good, but I was going to try to use it as long as I could.

#270 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

Izzy, how did you know that GC was the indy before N1 was over?

I RID'd him (thanks) based on your guess. But there's no way you could have known that for sure.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users