Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#1 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

A man named James takes a trip in a hot air balloon. No one found him since... until now. Maddened by the lack of communication with civilization, all he mutters is "It was the phoenix! It was the burning phoenix! The hole! The falling balloon! It was the phoenix!" The next day he is shot and a note is found in his shirt pocket. It says, "The phoenix aims for whoever finds the note first in every victim. You will always find the note." You, Detective Brian Dennis, are to solve these three things;

-Who murdered James?

-How do we protect the note finders?

-What is the "Phoenix?"

You may interview with witnesses. You will be informed of the next note finder every time there is one. You may do actions as the detective. Good luck.

The first note finder is a woman by the name of Kristina, James' girlfriend. She used to live in New York with her boyfriend.

BRIAN DENNIS: WARM-UP

Anyone who wants to join, or if you're looking for a certain piece of evidence, here's a link to a list of evidence. Thanks, Aaryan!

http://brainden.com/...rm-up/?p=327768

#2 teekayla

teekayla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:41 AM

when interviewing the witnesses, do we just post questions on this page? i kristina the only witness? also, what are the "actions" we may take as the detective?

#3 chicory

chicory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:08 AM

Interview Kristina: Where do you live now? Was James the boyfriend you had in New York? Why did James decide to take a trip in a hot air balloon?' Was anyone else with him on the trip? Who piloted the balloon? Where is the pilot? Does 'phoenix' mean anything to you?

A man named James takes a trip in a hot air balloon. No one found him since... until now. Maddened by the lack of communication with civilization, all he mutters is "It was the phoenix! It was the burning phoenix! The hole! The falling balloon! It was the phoenix!" The next day he is shot and a note is found in his shirt pocket. It says, "The phoenix aims for whoever finds the note first in every victim. You will always find the note." You, Detective Brian Dennis, are to solve these three things;

-Who murdered James?

-How do we protect the note finders?

-What is the "Phoenix?"

You may interview with witnesses. You will be informed of the next note finder every time there is one. You may do actions as the detective. Good luck.

The first note finder is a woman by the name of Kristina, James' girlfriend. She used to live in New York with her boyfriend.

Edited by chicory, 01 March 2010 - 06:10 AM.

#4 italiangirl

italiangirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:03 AM

In addition to Chicory' questions, here are a few more to ask Kristina:
What was the name of James' balloon?
What was James's intended route and destination? (thinking of natives, black magic, wildlife, birds etc)
What was his job before the balloon trip?
Can you list his main friends and family for me?
Could he have had any enemies?

Also detective work: I assume by 'shot' you mean with a gun (sorry, have to ask in case it's something else!) If so, run ballistics on James's gunshot wounds - what type of gun (is there a make called the Phoenix?), how many bullets, which parts of body. Where was he found dead? Also, find out if James owned a gun. Is it definitely murder or could he have shot himself, suicidal through insanity/delusion? Is Kristina also a suspect? Run a check on her.

No doubt will think of more, but I'm sure that will keep you busy :o)

Excellent teaser BTW Cavenglok - will bug me until the solution is found!

#5 mangamathsfreak

mangamathsfreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

Maybe the hotair ballon got overheated and burst into flames, and the poor James thought was some giant fire bird. That maybe answered one of your questions

#6 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

Kristina: I live in California, the place where James died. Yes, James was the boyfriend I had in New York. James wanted to travel in an air balloon, and he fond a good air balloon site in California. I'm pretty sure he was the only one. He piloted it by himself. No, "phoenix" does not mean anything to me. I don't know the name of James' balloon, I think it was the Sparrow or something. James was flying around California. (this is irrelevant) He was a very successful policeman. He has a friend named Micheal who loves doing pranks on him. He also has three siblings, Etna, Flora, and Burton. James is the youngest. He has a bunch of criminals who would be glad to kill him.

Detective Results: We can't tell the type of gun, the bullet was removed. There was one bullet directly in the middle of his back, so it definitely could not have been suicide. Ran a check in Kristina's apartment in California.

Kristina has a bedroom with a bed. On the right side, there is a picture of her and James. She has a window on the right wall. The closet has an engravement on the inside in the shape of a bird.

Kristina: Wha..? When was that there?

Furthermore, there is a black box on top of the closet that Kristina did not want you to see. Before you could continue investigating, the phone rings.

Ringer:...
You: Hello?
Ringer:...
You: ...Who is this?
Ringer: Do not dare go near your bed,
Or the flaming phoenix will drop on your head.
You will find your next clue
Once you find a man named Lou.

Good luck. Thanks for the compliments.

Anyone who wants to join, or if you're looking for a certain piece of evidence, here's a link to a list of evidence. Thanks, Aaryan!

#7 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

Maybe the hotair ballon got overheated and burst into flames, and the poor James thought was some giant fire bird. That maybe answered one of your questions

No. Sorry. Pretty close, though.

#8 stranger007

stranger007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:11 PM

um, who first found the note in james's pocket?

if we are to protect note finders, this person will need looking after...

or i'm reading it wrong?

#9 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:18 PM

um, who first found the note in james's pocket?

if we are to protect note finders, this person will need looking after...

or i'm reading it wrong?

You're reading it right, but I already said that the first note finder was Kristina.

#10 jeffery12109

jeffery12109

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

I secretly take the black box and examine it. I run a search on Lou and question him. Question Kristina using a lie detector.
Q1 = Do you know anything about the bird engraved on the closet wall.
Q2 = Do you know anyone named Lou.
Q3 = if so, what is that relation of you Lou and or James.
Q4 = Why is the black box doing there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users