Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

5-digit Number

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#11 ash013

ash013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:35 AM

As you call it"the original solution"does work,doesn't give you any decimal just because is the correct equation.If you can't construct such a simple one by your own,at least try to do the math by puting the given number at "x" place and you'll find out,that everything is o'k.Personaly.for me is more fun to solve it digit by digit,because is to fast with the equation.

#12 heatherlovesjade

heatherlovesjade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:26 AM

.11111 the furture you go away from the point the smaller it ggets

#13 vinay0007

vinay0007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

I found almost but because of my lack of understanding on question.. I thought 5 digit number including '1'.

so I ended up till

and 12857

If I would have tried for next number.. ie 6th I had found the answer.. Anyway misunderstanding is also a type of FAIL :mellow:

#14 ready2answer

ready2answer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:16 AM

Spoiler for the last digit of the five digit number is 7

Very cleaver guys. I tried to not use a calculator, so I made it a little harder for me. I assumed the answer was "55555" to start and did the math and it was close but not right.

Then I tried "33333" and that was close and not right, but it showed me the answer was between the two.

Then I tried "44444" and that was closer and then I knew the answer was between 44444 and 33333.

I got into the right ballpark, but I cheated and looked at this point. At least I narrowed to 11111 possible answers. :D

which, 11111, is consequently the only 5 digit number thats solution is exactly the same when you ad a 1 to the beginning or end. LAUGH!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users