Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LuXoid

LuXoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:01 AM

There was a student who was desirous of taking admission for a study course.

He was smart enough to get through the written test, a GD and was to appear for the personal interview. Later, as the interview progressed, the interviewer found this boy to be bright since he could answer all the questions correctly. The interviewer got impatient and decided to corner the boy.

"Tell me your choice," said he to the boy, "What's your choice: I shall either ask you ten easy questions or ONE real difficult. Think well before you make up your mind."

The boy thought for a while and said, "My choice is ONE real difficult question."

"Well, good luck to you, you have made your own choice!" said the man on the opposite side. Tell me: What comes first, Day or Night?"

The boy was jolted first but he waited for a while and said: "It's the DAY, sir."

"How???????" the interviewer was smiling ("At last, I got you!" he said to himself.)

"Sorry sir, you promised me that you will not ask me a SECOND difficult question!"

Admission for the course was thus secured.

#2 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:50 PM

True story or did you/someone make it up? Either way, pretty sweet ;D

#3 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5841 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:02 AM

Reminds me of the PhD oral exam question from the physics prof:

Sir, he asked, can you briefly outline for this committee the historical evolution
of Quantum Theory beginning with the assumption of the Stefan-Boltzmann
law of black body radiation and the phenomenon knows as the ultra violet
catastrophe?

The student thought for a moment, then answered, No.
The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#4 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:28 PM

Reminds me of the PhD oral exam question from the physics prof:

Sir, he asked, can you briefly outline for this committee the historical evolution
of Quantum Theory beginning with the assumption of the Stefan-Boltzmann
law of black body radiation and the phenomenon knows as the ultra violet
catastrophe?

The student thought for a moment, then answered, No.

Could he have done a long version? Would he have if he could, if they let him?
Please throw some light on this subject.
B))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users