Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Short Ones

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#31 cinnamon817

cinnamon817

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

The girl who doesnt have all her fingers on one hand is normal because no
one has all ten fingers on one hand.

#32 yourambsasecharm

yourambsasecharm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:40 AM

Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister? Why?

Okay, for those of you who dont get it:

No he cant because he is dead.

A Widow is a woman whos husband has died.

So simply, a dead man cant marry is wifs sister. =]

**sorry if its all spelt wrong...I have really bad spelling lol**

#33 Linzd21

Linzd21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:29 PM

10/10

but really normal is one of those words that spark arguments over what "normal" is...so i would say she is lucky..lol

#34 momo0041

momo0041

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:19 AM

I have an idea for the guy who marrys his widows sister...
He pretends to commit suicide, then goes into hiding, gets plastic surgery, papers, and whatnot, THEN marrys her sister. To me, it just sounds like a waste of money and time.

#35 caveman1144

caveman1144

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:28 AM

8/9... stupid dog.

what was that 10th question you guys answered?

Hahahahahaha

#36 Adie

Adie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:28 PM

• Why can't a man living in the USA be buried in Canada?
Well, he wouldn't want to be buried while he was living, but if he died he could obviously be buried anywhere. But technically anybody can bury anyone else anywhere they liked. It just boils down to the fact that you don't normally bury people who are still alive.

• Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister? Why?
It wouldn't be possible, because if his wife was a widow, it would mean that he was dead. California's law probably states that only people who are still alive could marry.

• A man builds a house rectangular in shape. All sides have southern exposure. A big bear walks by, what color is the bear? Why? (similar to the Bear riddle in the section Einstein's Riddles)
Well his house would then be at the north pole, and I don't know what colour bears are at the north pole. Maybe they are grizzlies and they are brown, or they could be polar bears and be white. But I think polar bears are only at the antarctic, I dunno. So I would say the bear is brown.

• If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?
Well if you took and kept the two, then you obviously have two apples, but if you removed the two apples, then there is one left, although you don't necessarily have to have that one in your hand.

• How far can a dog run into the woods?
Well he could run as far as he could while he is farther from the other side than he is from the side from whence he came. If he is actually farther from the side from where he came than he was from the opposite side, it would mean that he was actually running out of the woods. Or something like that.

• One big hockey fan claimed to be able to say the score before any game. How did he do it?
I haven't got a clue. Maybe he wrote down all possible scores, or something. Or maybe, if you get really technical, you can argue that "what he did" was to claim to be able to say the score before the game, so how he did it (ie to "claim") was to open his mouth.

• You can start a fire if you have alcohol, petrol, kerosene, paper, candle, coke, a full matchbox and a piece of cotton wool. What is the first thing you light?
You will obviously first have to light a match, and afterwards anything that is flammable.

• Why do Chinese men eat more rice than Japanese men? (Edit: Why do Chinese men eat more rice than Japanese men do?)
There are more Chinese men than Japanese men? Or if you are measuring the average, then maybe rice isn't in the Japanese culture? Or maybe Japanese people don't even eat rice at all? I really dunno.

• What word describes a woman who does not have all her fingers on one hand?
"Normal" lol Well I would guess that if she had all her fingers on one hand, then she would have any on the other, meaning she was disabled, and "abnormal".

#37 Proteem

Proteem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:51 AM

1) Not a good idea to bury the living.
2)Dead Men usually tend not to re-marry.
3) I have no idea why one would want to build a house in the north pole (brrrrr) but any bears he met there would be White!
4) You take 2, You have 2!
5) Lil tricky. Just as far before he starts running out of it?
6) Start of the game score is the easiest to predict! 0-0!
7) A match, of course!
A whole LOT more of those Chinese men in the world!
9) Normal. Who wants 10 fingers on ONE hand???

#38 Zikielia

Zikielia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:30 AM

Can you answer my question? How many cookies can you eat on an empty stomach?

#39 whocheersbees

whocheersbees

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:07 AM

they're good, very good

#40 Headswabby

Headswabby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:17 AM

• What word describes a woman who does not have all her fingers on one hand?

If a woman has 9 fingers on one hand and 1 on the other, she fits the description of the teaser, but is definitely not normal.

Also, if "all" of her fingers only consisted of 5 fingers, you could call her an amputee.

So I don't think "normal" is the right answer... at least not the only one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users