Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Same Old, Same Old

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 simmy8

simmy8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:26 AM

Spoiler for

Spoiler for

#42 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4754 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:29 AM

Spoiler for

Right on, well done. And thanks for saving me. This one originally read "said" instead of "likely" to direct the phonetic clue but I switched it without fully realizing what I had done. Hastily thought it shouldn't say "said" and "hear" in the same line.

There's still a little more to the final answer.

#43 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4754 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:36 AM

Spoiler for Answers and Credits

#44 simmy8

simmy8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:39 AM

Right on, well done. And thanks for saving me. This one originally read "said" instead of "likely" to direct the phonetic clue but I switched it without fully realizing what I had done. Hastily thought it shouldn't say "said" and "hear" in the same line.

There's still a little more to the final answer.

Thanks for the riddle! Very clever. I'm going back to the prior ones...just discovered this site and loving it.

#45 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4754 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:47 AM

Well that's a wrap. Always fun. Wilson - It appears your real disadvantage was the time zone difference and not your accent. I suspect you were clued in to the theme as both herbs and tsunami dont start with silent letters in your parts? I first realized this when you guessed thyme which both fit the clue better and would have solved the accent issue. If it wasnt for that pesky silent e I would have been tempted to switch my answer. All this said is not to take anything away from simmy8. I was really worried about those two. You bailed me out. Really inciteful. Hope you're hooked like the rest of us here.

#46 Wilson

Wilson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

As usual your riddles speak volumes....and thanks for the nightmares ...phsyco's with knives and scythes :ph34r: :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users