BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia II

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealing Medji would have been our first choice but we would only have gained the kidnap ability, not the day-ending ability. I was really worried about CP targeting herself last night (or targeting me) so we used Framm's block on her. Medji played this really well. The beginning of the game went well for us but it got quite tough after the 2nd night since most people had semi-declared their roles.

Yeah. My fault, really...I didn't mean for the coroner to out himself so quickly. Nor was I expecting slick to out two roles at the same time...kudos to Medji for kidnapping him and preventing a double kill...

The other thing was that I got some really good info on the second night, that LIS targeted CP, then himself. Everything after that fell into place quite nicely, since it was obvious to me that CP was the cleric and LIS was the rogue. My problem was that voting for LIS basically gave me away, because of what was written in the night post. I had suspicions of Saya...and maybe if I had it to play again I would have waited and followed woon instead...to force the recruit to not be able to get the rogue. I really was hoping for the outcome that happened on day 2, though...I agonized over changing my vote from LIS for quite a while due to the ramifications. I was hoping beyond hope that the prince/king would use that small window effectively...

I didn't know that you would only get the kidnap ability...if i had known that...I wouldn't have been so worried <g>

My second biggest worry was that since I spied you on N3, and I got that you were inactive, that you were the prince/king and not Medji...and I was a bit surprised that woon targeted Medji and not JarZe to tell the truth. I had flipped a coin between who I was going to watch between you and JarZe, and it came up you...

I don't think this would have been as successful if SG wasn't killed the first night...having the ability to do both the kidnap and end the day at the same time really helped us out :D

Great game goodies, especially you Medji... You really got us this time.

We had a pretty good start and Slick kind'a helped us out a bit, but then that double (baddie) kill was awful for us...

We had little to no chance on the final day, I knew it was a bit obvious who the remaining baddies were. We tried our best but it was nearly impossible for us.

Great game y'all, thanks for a good time there PM and thanks a lot to my baddie-mates!

See you guys around..

P.S. Really Slick, why did you kill the coroner???

I am going to have to reread the thread. I didnt think I had declared my role. If anyone thinks I had please tell me. And a post # would be appreciated but not necessary.

My fault, I semi outted you. I spied LIS on night 2 and saw that he stole you and applied to himself. The baddies knew your role already, and knew LIS had been spied. Woon had spied you on night on night 1 as well. Woon had pretty much outted himself as the sage. So they knew that woon and I knew who you were. I was trying my hardest to tell you that I knew who you were as well (edit: and also let woon know that his spy on night 1 was actually good)...and I think I may have slipped a bit...

Edited by tpaxatb

I am going to have to reread the thread. I didnt think I had declared my role. If anyone thinks I had please tell me. And a post # would be appreciated but not necessary.

I don't remember you outing your role, we just knew you after stealing the 2nd night. But it was pretty clear that you were a goodie and if we tried to steal your role, both you and the sage would know. I should have tried to establish some sort of role for myself early in the game but didn't know how.

I don't think this would have been as successful if SG wasn't killed the first night...having the ability to do both the kidnap and end the day at the same time really helped us out :D

Yeah, the double action role was "really" helpfull. At first we thought that the prince lost his kidnapp ability, but then PM confirmed that he could use both of them.

The role giveaway was also bad for us, the uninformed majority became a partially informed majority very fast, and that definitely was not good for us.

I don't remember you outing your role, we just knew you after stealing the 2nd night. But it was pretty clear that you were a goodie and if we tried to steal your role, both you and the sage would know. I should have tried to establish some sort of role for myself early in the game but didn't know how.

Yeah, if you did come out with your role somehow, we didn't get the hint ;)

It was hard for us to claim roles because most of them were already claimed by the "real" owners, so what we had to do was to claim a role and maybe somebody would buy it... It certainly didn't work :blush:

You wanna know why you died instead of Woon, JarZe? I thought you *might* be because you looked like you were trying to shift suspicion to me by intentionally misconstruing what could only be seen as an attempt to gain information. I thought that Woon *might* be because he was inactive, and he wasn't really putting up much of a defense.

Here's the kicker. What tipped the scales and made me pick you was this:

You voted for Sayalzah on night 1 AND on night 2. That's right. You outed yourself because you voted for a badguy.

Yeah, if you did come out with your role somehow, we didn't get the hint ;)

It was hard for us to claim roles because most of them were already claimed by the "real" owners, so what we had to do was to claim a role and maybe somebody would buy it... It certainly didn't work :blush:

You were at a disadvantage, even IF no one had outted themselves. I think the game may have been semi-flawed in the favor of the goodies, because many of the characters were able to gather ALOT of information the first night:

Both the coroner and the prince both learned the identity of the king.

The squire and the KC already knew each other's identities.

The sage learned the identity of the Cleric, with pretty much a 99.3% chance of being correct (something like a 1 in 140 chance of both the dark mage choosing to make CP look like a baddie when woon selected her to spy)

I didn't gather any useful information on night 1, I had spied SG. I had a 50% shot of getting targeting information due to the fact that half the roles were passive/no night action, but it narrowed down the possibilities quite a bit.

After the first night, 5 out of 8 goodies had very good information about other characters, and 1 more (me) had some more information upon which to act. The uninformed became very informed very quickly.

I really thought we were screwed when slick took out the coroner (can we make a rule that slick is not allowed a goodie kill role?? <just kidding>)...GM couldn't you talk him out of that?!?!

I am curious, though, I was trying to signal to the prince/king about the vote tie about 3 times during the lynch (the comment about needing to get lucky, the "two-for-one" comment, and especially my interjection about the tie votes when the time was ripe) ... did that affect anything, Medji, or was I being too obtuse???

My biggest worry was that the recruit would steal from Medji on the last night...Then the comments started to make me wonder what the heck I had screwed up....

I actually thought dudleydude was more dangerous than JarZe, since DD was not killable @ night.

I didn't really see any of that, tpax, at the point where we were day 2, I saw an opportunity to kill two people that were both being very very naughty, and by the time day 3 came around, and I had very carefully combed through all of the posts starting with the roles (sorry, BC. I love you, but I wanted to end this this morning.) I saw the perfect vote set up. I could kill 1 that I was sure about. I could capture or kill the other, and the third person was just collateral damage. I wasn't sure if JarZe was the right target, to be honest, but it had to be him or Woon from my point of view, and if I WAS wrong, then the baddies wouldn't get any ability to kill one of us that night anyways.

why did the KC kill me? i thought i was being very good.

I think maybe he suspected you because you knew about the King and the Exile being dead. I knew for sure you were the Coroner, because there's no way that the baddies would have known about the King...after all, they can kill, but I checked...they don't have a spy role, and the Exile was the role they stole...so they would only have known about her. And after all, when I inherited the King's powers, there's no way that I wouldn't know about his death.

Great game goodies, especially you Medji... You really got us this time.

We had a pretty good start and Slick kind'a helped us out a bit, but then that double (baddie) kill was awful for us...

We had little to no chance on the final day, I knew it was a bit obvious who the remaining baddies were. We tried our best but it was nearly impossible for us.

Great game y'all, thanks for a good time there PM and thanks a lot to my baddie-mates!

See you guys around..

P.S. Really Slick, why did you kill the coroner???

Honestly, I take chances sometimes. This game depends on what not to do. Hope I did good enough, and sorry for being distraught.

Thanks alot for hosting PMarth. Glad we actually completed this as well. Great game y'all. CUL8R in Terminatorlaugh.gif

Wow! So finally we goodies won! :lol:

I don't know I should use whose message to reply with cause those are very interesting.

On the first day, the list of baddies that I suspect were dude, saya, LIS and Slick. I felt overjoyed when I found saya was the dark magician. So I didn't think that much when Jarze appeared to be the first one vote Saya, and I followed with much confirmed statement. Later when I had a deeper thought, I was actually outed myself too much (I keep forgetting about my action of inspecting ppl will be shown in the post). By then I started to suspect Jarze and hence posted my concern about him as I am worried I was not protected by CP in night 3.

The reason I check on Medji in night 3 instead of checking of JarZe also due to this. confirming Medji is goodies means Jarze is baddies. I decide to take that risk. :ph34r: But I think Tpax should own the credits as he did give us lots of information 'indirectly'. :thumbsup:

Wow! It had been long time to me for enjoying playing Mafia. The last one was 2 months ago from now. Thanks Marth, I glad you never give up for making a second trial. The outcome is a success one! Great Job :thumbsup: