Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 kac_cotu

kac_cotu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:01 AM

Been looking at this one on and off for a while but have not come up with anything new.

I`ve just been asked if this problem has been fully solved yet.

The answer is "No" ... only C1 has been solved ...and that was right at the beginning.

All the theories and ideas so far have not produced any answers...so C2 C3 C4 still waiting for answers

Anyone working on it still or has everyone now given up?

I have been assured that it IS solveable ...but very difficult.

#82 RoyalBlue

RoyalBlue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:57 AM

Yeah... I am mulling over it too but nothing yet...

#83 JTZero

JTZero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

I am solely focusing on C2 right now and slowly making progress. I have split up the boxes into odds and evens using Box to represent the whole box number not individual digits. If Box is even then I am using INT(Box/41) mod 5. For odd Box numbers I use INT(Box/13) mod 5. INT() is the integer function. I will post more updates soon.

#84 gkibarricade

gkibarricade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:50 AM

if been working on this one since yesterday
as C1 has been solved I want to highlight:
E3695=1545
R0545=2545
L3865=2545
J6242=3545
A8930=4545
R0871=5545
the answer for the others should come from here

PS this one sucks

#85 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

I ran this through our Codebreaker in the back yesterday. She's still processing it, but I've never seen her take longer than a few hours to find connections. Especially with so much data...

I think someone's pulling our leg.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#86 JTZero

JTZero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

I ran this through our Codebreaker in the back yesterday. She's still processing it, but I've never seen her take longer than a few hours to find connections. Especially with so much data...

I think someone's pulling our leg.

What are you saying exactly? Is this a device? Computer? And umm... why would you spoil our fun? :P

#87 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:47 PM

If you take pleasure from trying to find a solution that isn't there, I'm sorry.

I won't give you the final results.

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#88 MacGyverish

MacGyverish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

What are you saying exactly? Is this a device? Computer? And umm... why would you spoil our fun? :P

If you take pleasure from trying to find a solution that isn't there, I'm sorry.

So you imply that you have final results, but again, "what/who is your "codebreaker in the back"? Any machine/computer has fixed limitations on the possiblities it will consider based upon criteria and algorithms that were programmed in. It would not be impossible to devise a code with such obscure formulas and advanced interrelationships between the values that a "codebreaker" couldn't solve it without first being given at least a portion of the algorithm. This would especially be true if the code writer were the developer of the "codebreaker" and knew it's limitations.

The flip side of that is that we've noticed many patterns that seem to develop but either contradict themselves or never fully develop, so is there any possibility that the data we are considering may have gotten corrupted some how?

#89 JTZero

JTZero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

Near the beginning of this many claimed that the letters meant nothing in breaking the codes. This assumption was only based off of two boxes with matching numbers and codes. It's very well possible that these letters do play some part in the codebreaking and I haven't ruled them out yet.

I am assuming your "final results" isn't a solution to this problem. Does your machine compute letters as variables?

#90 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

It can.

I've taken Mac's advice and have been trying my hand at logic using the letter and not using the letters.

I've hosted my file. Observations.

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users