Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5313 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:41 AM

From his poor grammer, the chief knew that James was not American. And you can't trust immigrants.

Easy big fella ... that's all of us yer talkin' 'bout ... B))
The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#12 babbal

babbal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

In the crime branch of a certain country, The head summoned one of his junior inspectors james it a suspected murder crime scene in the living room of a certain house.

Unfortunately the inspector was very lazy and did not go there at all, instead he got some information from another officer. But when reporting, he said.."I went there at the crime scene, and found a big mess. There was stain of blood all over the floor. Everything in the room was a mess. The table clock is broken and stopped at 3.00pm. The body was lying face up and knife-injury is in the belly. It is clear that the vitim died by over bleeding. Apparently, the victim was reading the novel "old man and the sea", as I found its page 45 and 46 is opened on table. Then I tried to find some fingerprints of the killer but I didn't find any

Spoiler for three reasons

#13 redshift

redshift

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

Spoiler for three reasons

[/quote]

Spoiler for comments on 3 solutions

This happened in a certain country... so if it wasn't America an American would be an immigrant (or a tourist).

#14 sandstorm

sandstorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:29 AM

Well since James only heard about the scene from another officer who undoubtably hadn't told him every excruciating detail, most of the the things he mentioned would only be guesses. A few of his facts had to differ from reality, and his boss probably had other reports to compare it with. In his boss's mind, either he was wrong or everyone else was.

#15 Lausus

Lausus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:10 PM

I don't know why he would have risked guessing at some aspects, especially details like book page numbers.

#16 TySim

TySim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

Easy.

Spoiler for Solution

Edited by TySim, 18 March 2008 - 08:17 PM.

#17 Noct

Noct

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

Easy.

Spoiler for Solution

You're assuming it's a standard english book. In china (along with many other plaecs), odd pages are on the left, and even on the right

#18 woon

woon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2443 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

Spoiler for My Answer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users