Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#11 tpaxatb

tpaxatb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

Host: scsw
Sign-ups:
1. akaslickster
2. MrsP
3. EDM
4. GMaster479
5. Derrai
6. Riranor
7. crazypainter
8. tpaxatb

Well, we'll see how well i do in this one ;)

#12 scsw

scsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

Sweet. +1.

Anyways, if you have questions or concerns, you can ask them now; we have a lot of time left before Ye Olde Mafia will be finished and this will be a great time to smooth the edges.

#13 tpaxatb

tpaxatb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

Will block/save attempts (including the college graduate's target) be revealed in the posts, or will it be only if they have an effect?

Will the college graduate's next-day-lynch-vote-block occur even if the college graduate is killed the previous night?

Does the college graduate's action have any affect on his target's night action? (I remember to ask this because of HSM2, since it wasn't clear until the final day that the drunk's action was also a night block)

How do the mechanics of the information monger's RID kill work? Does the kill take effect prior to the current cycle's end, or does it take place at the cycle's post? I'm just thinking that you may want to not shorten the night cycle to allow the IM the entire cycle to choose to make the kill if this is the case. Otherwise, you may end up in a situation in which the IM wants to affect the following day's activities by killing a player, but if you shorten the night cycle, you may inadvertently force the IM to kill during the following day's cycle rather than during the intended cycle...

Am I reading the Sentry's role correctly in that it will reveal the player name of the person that kills him/her along with the role? E.g. if i am the sentry and MrsP is the Hacker and kills me on night 1, it will reveal that MrsP is the Hacker in the post, right?

OK. that's it for now :)

#14 scsw

scsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

Will block/save attempts (including the college graduate's target) be revealed in the posts, or will it be only if they have an effect?
Blocks are never revealed. Saves are revealed only if it worked.

Will the college graduate's next-day-lynch-vote-block occur even if the college graduate is killed the previous night?
The targeted player loses his/her vote that evening so, yes it does.

Does the college graduate's action have any affect on his target's night action? (I remember to ask this because of HSM2, since it wasn't clear until the final day that the drunk's action was also a night block)
No it does not. The graduate's role is very different from the drunk; if a comparison needs to be made, then he is more simlar to the Merchant in FM2, except he doesn't steal the vote.

How do the mechanics of the information monger's RID kill work? Does the kill take effect prior to the current cycle's end, or does it take place at the cycle's post? I'm just thinking that you may want to not shorten the night cycle to allow the IM the entire cycle to choose to make the kill if this is the case. Otherwise, you may end up in a situation in which the IM wants to affect the following day's activities by killing a player, but if you shorten the night cycle, you may inadvertently force the IM to kill during the following day's cycle rather than during the intended cycle...
It takes place at the end of the Day or Night. Should the scenario that I shortened the Night arise, and the IM sends in the RID kill before the night would originally end, the kill takes place immediately in an addendum post.

Am I reading the Sentry's role correctly in that it will reveal the player name of the person that kills him/her along with the role? E.g. if i am the sentry and MrsP is the Hacker and kills me on night 1, it will reveal that MrsP is the Hacker in the post, right?
She will reveal only the name of the player that killed him/her. But in the night post, the Role carrying out the kill is mentioned, and I believe our players can put two and two together. :)

OK. that's it for now :)

Also a few other things:
1. If the College Graduate gets recruited, it is mentioned in the Night Post.
2. If the Bio-Engineer steals the Sentry's role and is killed that night, he will also reveal his killer's role.
3. If the Sentry kills a player and is targeted by a killer that same night, she will also reveal her killer's role.

#15 sayalzah

sayalzah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

Host: scsw
Sign-ups:
1. akaslickster
2. MrsP
3. EDM
4. GMaster479
5. Derrai
6. Riranor
7. crazypainter
8. tpaxatb
9. sayalzah
I'm new, so I might have a little trouble.

#16 EDM

EDM

Smiley Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4238 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

hi there....cool to see a newbie join up so quickly....:D
don't worry....this is my second try...and i'm still not used to it.....but you'll really like it and have fun, don't worry......:D :D
Please Have a Look at The Board Guidelines... :) Before You Start Partying At The Site...Rules help out, here... :D :D :D
I'm The Smiley Queen Posted Image...Bow Down To My Smiley Smileyness!!! :P :D :D :D

#17 scsw

scsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

@sayalzah: Welcome. :) Don't worry about it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of us. I great guide to look at is Unreality's mafia guide.

#18 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4851 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:23 PM

Why not begin this game before Ye Olde, seeing that you have a full roster first. I don't think PMarth will mind. This ought to be quicker with fewer players, just the same. *suggestive*Posted Image
Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#19 sayalzah

sayalzah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:00 AM

I think I'm going to like BrainDen :D

#20 Riranor

Riranor

• Members