Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DarthNoob

DarthNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:52 PM

It's kind of like playing a battle in your favorite strategy videogame (like Starcraft), but there's a glitch and the AI you're fighting become brutally hard. Even though you probably know everything about the game, all the ins and outs, the maps, and how to win battles easily, and even though you may have just won a battle five minutes ago, now you can't. Your only choices are to call a friend and battle with him online, or to wait until a patch comes out that fixes this bug. Or you could try hacking into the code, at the risk of messing something up, and get the difficulty level you need yourself.

Hint: you may have never played videogames, and you may even have never done the answer to this riddle, but the answer is something most people might have done

#2 dyalDragon

dyalDragon

devious Drake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1747 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:03 AM

It's kind of like playing a battle in your favorite strategy videogame (like Starcraft), but there's a glitch and the AI you're fighting become brutally hard. Even though you probably know everything about the game, all the ins and outs, the maps, and how to win battles easily, and even though you may have just won a battle five minutes ago, now you can't. Your only choices are to call a friend and battle with him online, or to wait until a patch comes out that fixes this bug. Or you could try hacking into the code, at the risk of messing something up, and get the difficulty level you need yourself.

Hint: you may have never played videogames, and you may even have never done the answer to this riddle, but the answer is something most people might have done

Spoiler for are you

#3 hambone

hambone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1196 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:23 AM

Spoiler for thinking more along the lines of

#4 DarthNoob

DarthNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:47 AM

Nope, and nope.

I have a burning urge to put another hint (despite it being so early), so here it is, and that will be the last hint EVER for this riddle!

Spoiler for hint

#5 DudleyDude

DudleyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1823 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:09 AM

Spoiler for hmmm, this sounds to me a bit like a

#6 DarthNoob

DarthNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:42 AM

Spoiler for hmmm, this sounds to me a bit like a

Fits perfectly.

I accept it.

Now, go find me another one. =P

I'll emphasize the "glitch" and "bug" aspect of the metaphor: as a novice (hugely novice) programmer, I can say that when in the process of debugging, bugs are often the "Oh! That was idiotic." type, and even more common are the simple syntax errors and the missing semicolons.

#7 badudi

badudi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:13 AM

The situation in which the answer might occur is common, but the likelihood of occurrence is low.

Spoiler for

#8 Juskiknback

Juskiknback

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

Spoiler for

#9 DarthNoob

DarthNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:46 PM

All these answers are better than mine, but I don't mind since this is more of a free form style of riddle (who says riddles only have one answer?), and it's my first attempt at metaphor.

Earlier, when I said that'd be the last hint, I lied. Sue me.

Spoiler for hint

I think the addition of that hint eliminates the guesses so far.

#10 nanners2187

nanners2187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:56 AM

they give up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users