Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Brush Up Mafia: Manicomio (Signups)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 tpaxatb

tpaxatb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:20 AM

This is the signup thread for a simple, fairly straightforward mafia geared towards newbies and/or those who want to brush up on their skills. For more info on why this is, see Brush Up Reqeust Thread. We tried to keep the roles simple for newbies, while trying to maintain a good balance. If you need a brush up on mafias, check out Unreality's most wonderful Newbie's Guide to Mafia. There are links in that guide to previous mafias. Some of them will be much more complicated than this, but you can get an idea of the strategies involved.

(And I apologize in advance for my story-telling skills are nowhere NEAR as advanced as the other talented mafia hosts here. But I'll try :))

Spoiler for Prologue

Spoiler for Job Descriptions (as posted by the Sergeant on the bulletin board)

Spoiler for Game Mechanics

(To sign up, just copy and past the current list into a reply and add your name to it!)

Host: tpaxatb
Co-Host: scsw

Manicomio Citizens:

#2 DudleyDude

DudleyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1823 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:41 AM

Manicomio Citizens:
1.DudleyDude

#3 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:21 AM

YEAH! I am so glad this is happening!! I am by no means a great player, like so many in here. But, if you want or need me to play Tpax.. ask. Thanks for taking the bull by the horns!
:thumbsup:

#4 DarthNoob

DarthNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:30 AM

Manicomio Citizens:
1.DudleyDude
2.DarthNoob

#5 tpaxatb

tpaxatb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

Addendum:

While this game is targeted at players with little or no experience with mafia (here or otherwise), we believe that it would be helpful to have a couple players that feel the need to brush up their skills or practice the more subtle aspects of the game. I would like to limit this to maybe 2 players maximum, both for game balance and to allow the newer players a chance to really see what's going on :). So, with that in mind, I invite people who believe they need to brush up on their skills to sign up in this thread. However, I would like to reserve the right to move the more experienced players (in reverse order that they sign up) to a backup list if necessary to open up slots for more inexperienced players.

(NOTE: even though there may be experienced players, the roles assignments will still be completely RANDOM)

#6 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:27 PM

This looks fantastic! Thanks tpax for following through with CP's idea. It's great to open up mafia to the other BD surfers!

If the amazing hosts need any help or the newcomers want any advice, I'll be happy to lend a hand (or I'll try, at least) :)

#7 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:36 PM

Manicomio Citizens:
1. DudleyDude
2. DarthNoob
3. crazypainter

Ok I am such a den mom....w/o any kids...ha ha
edit: quick lesson, when I edit I tell the thread and players why I am editing. Otherwise they may get suspicious.
Like I may have made a mistake and am covering it up.

and as a side note: Tpax..you are fricken hilarious! I am loving your story my dear! Good job so far.^_^

Edited by crazypainter, 03 September 2009 - 03:45 PM.

#8 MrsP

MrsP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2916 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

Manicomio Citizens:
1.DudleyDude
2.DarthNoob
3.Crazypainter
4.MrsP

Looks really great tpaxatb!!! I would love to play and get a feel for the basic Mafia. But I am ok with being removed if more new players come :)

Edit: Added CP

Edited by MrsP, 03 September 2009 - 03:38 PM.

#9 Prince_Marth85

Prince_Marth85

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:41 PM

I'll sign up as one of the experienced players. But feel free to move me to back ups if you want to allow other new players in.

Manicomio Citizens:
1.DudleyDude
2.DarthNoob
3.Crazypainter
4.MrsP
5. Marth

Edited by Prince_Marth85, 03 September 2009 - 04:41 PM.

#10 Wilson

Wilson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:20 PM

I'll sign up as one of the experienced players. But feel free to move me to back ups if you want to allow other new players in.

Manicomio Citizens:
1.DudleyDude
2.DarthNoob
3.Crazypainter
4.MrsP
5. Marth
6.Wilson

I'll give it a go, but never played before so feel free to ditch me if better appear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users